Windows 10: Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Discus and support Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterMalkin, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails.

Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon.

This makes it almost impossible to quickly find specific pictures as each file must be opened to identify the picture content.

Suggestions on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

PeterMalkin, Jan 29, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jan 29, 2019
  4. SamCSWong Win User

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Thumbnail image for a picture folder isn't appearing

I have same issue on my Lumia 920 since last December..... you may remove all photos from that Skydrive folders. Wait an hour or so then copy all photos back... then the thumbnail will appear. Normally that will work for a few days and problem will happen again.

SamCSWong, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

1. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders - Similar Threads - Picture Thumbnails Longer

2. Lock screen picture no longer appears as Login picture in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen picture no longer appears as Login picture in Win 11: For the last 6 months, I've been using one of the supplied pictures as both my Lock screen and Logon screen. Sometime last week, the Logon screen reverted to the basic blue option, while the lock screen behaves as it should, and Use Lock screen as Logon screen is selected -...
  3. Lock screen picture no longer appears as Login picture in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen picture no longer appears as Login picture in Win 11: For the last 6 months, I've been using one of the supplied pictures as both my Lock screen and Logon screen. Sometime last week, the Logon screen reverted to the basic blue option, while the lock screen behaves as it should, and Use Lock screen as Logon screen is selected -...
  4. documents folder appeared in pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    documents folder appeared in pictures folder: a copy of the documents folder is in my pictures folder and I cant remove it. I have tried deleting it, I tried Properties>Choose the Location tab> click on restore default, and nothing I do can get it out of pictures. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  5. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  6. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  7. My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as...

My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as...: My Picture folder only shows some thumbnails of my real pictures - others just appear as the icon. How can I get them back? The option 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' in control panel is unchecked. Sometimes they show as thumbnails, then when I rename them they turn...
  8. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  9. Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop

Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop: For some reason a folder named “Pictures” (path C;\Users\Jolene\Desktop) comes up when I startup. I then delete it and in the course of a day it just appears 4 or 5 more times. In the folder, there is a "Saved Pictures" folder that is empty. Why is this happening? Thank...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461