Windows 10: Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

Discus and support Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by titaniumgold, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview.

I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?

Thanks!

Windows 10

:)

titaniumgold, Dec 7, 2019
  2. JimKWD Win User

Picture Thumbnails not showing in explorer

Hi,

I have lost all my picture thumbnails When I open explorer and click on pictures can I show my sub folders I was showing a picture preview of the picture now it just shows the icon with the file name no picture preview. If I click on the picture it opens
    windows photo and display the picture

How do I restore the picture thumbnail display I am using windows 10

Thanks

JimKWD, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10

Just upgraded to Win10 and for some reason File Explorer will not show my pictures or files as thumbnails. My folders I have for all of my photos; when opened only show a bunch of icons and not the pictures themselves i.e. thumbnails Not even in the
    preview window. I can double click on them and the picture pops up fine. But with 738 pictures in several folders. Double clicking each and everyone just to see what it is, is turning out to be very annoying. Why won't File Explorer display my photos.
    JPeg or otherwise.

MichaelLee76, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

1. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Picture thumbnails showing

2. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  3. Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures: Hi Folks! I've been having problems seeing my Video Thumbnail Pictures, Some of my AVI and MPG or MPEG Files had the Thumbnail View, and some did not. I Googled for a solution, but nothing worked. I checked my settings, everything was set to view Thumbnails, I tried resetting...
  4. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...
  5. Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer: Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an update, but am not certain. When I try to access pictures in that file that do not have a preview, I sometimes get this message:...
  6. Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer: Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10 Just bought a new HP Win10 laptop and for some reason File Explorer would not show most of my pictures or as thumbnails. But with hundreds of files in a dozen folders trying to upload a picture to Facebook or a...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format

Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format: I've seen this question asked several times before within the community, as of yet I've not seen a solution to my problem. Until several days ago I wasn't having this problem, File Explorer was working correctly and all my video files were being shown in thumbnail format....
  8. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  9. .PSD thumbnails not showing in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    .PSD thumbnails not showing in explorer?: I use Windows 10, but ever since upgrade from XP to windows 7, PSD thumbnails are not showing in windows explorer, as jpg and gif does. Tried this solution but nothing changed: How to enable Thumbnail view for Photoshop PSD files in Windows 7 any solution? 27245
  10. Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer: I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails. I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin). I've gone through View/Options/View and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked. And still, I cannot get thumbnails for my .mp4...