Windows 10: Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

Discus and support Picture Thumbnails Not Showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zeus Swerve Boi, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com

and also i see a red x next to most of my files as seen below,im not sure why it is trying to upload stuff to one drive when i dont have any account signed in for it. is there anyway to turn off one drive?

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing d4cf41c6-4afd-4b32-8ec6-1cdbcf9bb33c?upload=true.jpg

:)

Zeus Swerve Boi, Jan 16, 2021

2. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Jones 361 Win User

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

Thumbnails do not show for pictures

I did everything up to step 5.

At step 6. I typed Edit Group Policy in the search window and nothing happened.

No User Configuration option showed in fact no options appeared.

I get a list of 'best matches'. One says 'Edit Group Policy' referring to the control panel. When I click on it I get a 'Can't find' message. Please help. This is frustrating.

The system runs fine for a few hours but then suddenly when I open a new folder in file explorer I get a never completing green progress bar in the address window and instead of thumbnails I get icons. In order to get things back to normal I have to restart
    the whole system.

That works for few hours and then the problem starts up all over again.

Again, Please HELP.

Jones 361, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

1. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing - Similar Threads - Picture Thumbnails Showing

2. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  3. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  4. Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder: Hi there,So in my Pictures folder, I used to see all the images as thumbnails, as I should.Now, some images are showing as usual, then there's a bunch not showing.All I did was update Windows, sheesh, it's like living in a rocket with Microsoft, one moment you're headed in...
  5. pictures do not show as thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pictures do not show as thumbnails: Sometime around April 10th, my pictures stopped showing up as thumbnails. There is just a generic icon and when I select large icon, etc. I cannot get them to show up as thumbnails....
  6. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  7. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...
  8. Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 pictures: Hi Folks! I've been having problems seeing my Video Thumbnail Pictures, Some of my AVI and MPG or MPEG Files had the Thumbnail View, and some did not. I Googled for a solution, but nothing worked. I checked my settings, everything was set to view Thumbnails, I tried resetting...
  9. Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders

Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders: Hi, So I have pictures, and their thumbnails are showing just fine in regular folders, but once I put them in a OneDrive folder, the thumbnail just disappears after the picture is synced. A weird thing is not all the pictures are affected, some are spared and the thumbs...
  10. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...