Windows 10: picture viewer default

Discus and support picture viewer default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I change the default to view my pictures?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MoriDawn, Jan 30, 2021.

1. MoriDawn Win User

picture viewer default

how do I change the default to view my pictures?

:)

MoriDawn, Jan 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 30, 2021
  3. default picture viewer

Hi PatriciaTutt,

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with changing your default picture viewer.

To be offered the viewer of your choise, you have to have it installed. If it is already installed and you want to change the default do the following:

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Go to Default Programs > Set Default Programs.

3. Find the photo editing software of your choice in the list of programs,

4. Click it, and choose Set this program as default.

This will set the photo viewer of your choice as the default program for all file types it can open by default

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Jan 30, 2021
  4. picture viewer default

irfanview default image viewer

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Photo viewer, let me suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    T.T.D. on this post and check if
    Irfanview is on the list.

You can also check on the settings if Irfanview is available.

• Press Windows key+ I
    • Click System
    • Select Default apps
    • Then click Photo viewer
    • You can also check on Choose default apps by the file type
    • Check if Irfanview is on the list

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

picture viewer default

1. picture viewer default - Similar Threads - picture viewer default

2. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  3. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  4. Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer?

Why Can't I Set Adobe Lightroom as Default Picture Viewer?: I have the whole Adobe Creative Cloud installed. Lightroom does not show up in the list of installed Apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-set-adobe-lightroom-as-default-picture/165d2460-8359-4963-97ad-65a18705a0ab
  5. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  6. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  7. Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer: When I click on any picture on my PC, Snip and Sketch opens up. I have different app set up as a picture viewer. The only way I can use the default app is by right-clicking on picture and select Open with... then choose the default app from drop down menu. Anybody else have...
  8. Default Picture viewer not taking

Default Picture viewer not taking: Hi I have set the Photos app as the default .JPG viewer but every time I click on a .jpg file I get the message "How do you want to open this file?" "Keep using this app" see attached pic. How do I stop this error, I have tried setting other viewers as default...
  9. Classic Picture Viewer

Classic Picture Viewer: The new one is terrible, it's like a phone app or something. Is there a way to get the windows 7 style one back, or something close that that one? 13904
  10. default jpg viewer

default jpg viewer: How do I make Win10 use the standard jpg viewer that was used in Win7? I think it was actually a DLL. 105204