Windows 10: Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

Discus and support Picture viewer defaults to wrong location. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlesDebevec, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is supported.

:)

CharlesDebevec, Nov 30, 2023

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 30, 2023
  3. default picture viewer

Hi PatriciaTutt,

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with changing your default picture viewer.

To be offered the viewer of your choise, you have to have it installed. If it is already installed and you want to change the default do the following:

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Go to Default Programs > Set Default Programs.

3. Find the photo editing software of your choice in the list of programs,

4. Click it, and choose Set this program as default.

This will set the photo viewer of your choice as the default program for all file types it can open by default

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Nov 30, 2023
  4. mrgeek Win User

Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Picture viewer defaults to wrong location. 165477d1511619904t-correct-directory-location-pictures-folder-screenshot_1.jpg

mrgeek, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

1. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location. - Similar Threads - Picture viewer defaults

2. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  3. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  4. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  5. Cortana default location wrong

in Cortana
    Cortana default location wrong: I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.804 and anything to deal with location on Cortana is completely wrong by several hundred miles such as weather or anything. Location settings are on, default location is set to my location within the Maps App as I...
  6. picture viewer default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture viewer default: how do I change the default to view my pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-viewer-default/4b8e5de1-77bd-4195-8669-5d5229acbcd4
  7. Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong: I changed the Save As Default location of my Documents folder to my D:\ drive, but the location now shows up as "D:\" and not "Documents." See screenshot below. Libraries are fine, but I can't seem to find how to change the name of this folder to the proper "Documents."...
  8. Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer: When I click on any picture on my PC, Snip and Sketch opens up. I have different app set up as a picture viewer. The only way I can use the default app is by right-clicking on picture and select Open with... then choose the default app from drop down menu. Anybody else have...
  9. W10 default photo viewer registry location

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 default photo viewer registry location: W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store. On top of that if I select my program using Open With and set it as the default W10 disregards it the next time I open a jpg file. According to the internet this...
  10. Default Picture viewer not taking

Default Picture viewer not taking: Hi I have set the Photos app as the default .JPG viewer but every time I click on a .jpg file I get the message "How do you want to open this file?" "Keep using this app" see attached pic. How do I stop this error, I have tried setting other viewers as default...