Windows 10: Pictures always move around when I lock them in place

Discus and support Pictures always move around when I lock them in place in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; In word when I tell a pciture to stay put it will always move and I have to reposistion it every time. Why cant I tell word hey my pictures are exactly... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DonMurray, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Pictures always move around when I lock them in place

In word when I tell a pciture to stay put it will always move and I have to reposistion it every time. Why cant I tell word hey my pictures are exactly where they are at on the page DO NOT MOVE THEM. but when I tell iword this each time the pciture will go somplace else and I ahve to reposistion back to where I had it. How do I tell word to lock it in the place that it currently exists ?

I alwasy choose "behind Text" but then it moves to a random location in the document making me re posistion

:)

DonMurray, Oct 5, 2020

2. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Pictures always move around when I lock them in place - Similar Threads - Pictures always move

2. Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?: Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?I took some pictures from my old laptop put them on an external drive and then put them on new computer but they are showing as just a white box what have I don't wrong ?...
  3. Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?: Why are my pictures blank when i move them from one computer to another?I took some pictures from my old laptop put them on an external drive and then put them on new computer but they are showing as just a white box what have I don't wrong ?...
  4. Photos Move around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Move around: How do I keep my photos from moving around in a Word document that hasn't got any text it? Just photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-move-around/0f7ac266-7b31-49e6-9477-6387ca7e152e
  5. Photos Move around

Photos Move around: How do I keep my photos from moving around in a Word document that hasn't got any text it? Just photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-move-around/0f7ac266-7b31-49e6-9477-6387ca7e152e
  6. When I run a game, the game stutters and moves all around the place and when left clicking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I run a game, the game stutters and moves all around the place and when left clicking...: This happened right after the September 30 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-run-a-game-the-game-stutters-and-moves-all/e45a6379-e8c3-4e49-b08b-1c97cba2d859
  7. When I run a game, the game stutters and moves all around the place and when left clicking...

When I run a game, the game stutters and moves all around the place and when left clicking...: This happened right after the September 30 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-run-a-game-the-game-stutters-and-moves-all/e45a6379-e8c3-4e49-b08b-1c97cba2d859
  8. When I run a game, the game stutters and moves all around the place and when left clicking...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures lost when moving (PC)?: Hey, since I want to reset my phone, because of the performance, I want to backup all pictures etc. of course. I have cut out 2 folders with pictures from my phone & inserted them on my hard disk. Now I only have the two folders, but there is nothing in them. & there is...
  10. Placing pictures in a "file"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Placing pictures in a "file"?: Hi ___ Nerd, First Class here. Need specific steps to place my pictures into a 'File'. 90 y.o., so be gentle! Wish then to transfer this file to a 'thumb drive'. I was a great Plumber, but this stuff boggles my mind!...