Windows 10: Pictures always move around when I lock them in place

Discus and support Pictures always move around when I lock them in place in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; In word when I tell a pciture to stay put it will always move and I have to reposistion it every time. Why cant I tell word hey my pictures are exactly... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by DonMurray, Oct 5, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Pictures always move around when I lock them in place

In word when I tell a pciture to stay put it will always move and I have to reposistion it every time. Why cant I tell word hey my pictures are exactly where they are at on the page DO NOT MOVE THEM. but when I tell iword this each time the pciture will go somplace else and I ahve to reposistion back to where I had it. How do I tell word to lock it in the place that it currently exists ?

I alwasy choose "behind Text" but then it moves to a random location in the document making me re posistion

:)

DonMurray, Oct 5, 2020

2. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Pictures always move around when I lock them in place - Similar Threads - Pictures always move

2. Mouse cursor sticking when I'm moving it around

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor sticking when I'm moving it around: Have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse, and it's giving me problems. Cursor is sticking when I move it around. Sticks briefly, and then moves again. Annoying. I've tried the mouse settings not all of them in Windows, but nothing seems to work. Had this problem before, but...
  3. When I drag my windows around only the border moves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I drag my windows around only the border moves?: Theres only a black outline of the window moving around w my mouse instead of the window and all the contents of said window. How do I make it so the whole window moves w the mouse. submitted by /u/__Regimental__ [link] [comments]...
  4. Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

Pictures lost when moving (PC)?: Hey, since I want to reset my phone, because of the performance, I want to backup all pictures etc. of course. I have cut out 2 folders with pictures from my phone & inserted them on my hard disk. Now I only have the two folders, but there is nothing in them. & there is...
  5. How do I organize my pictures all in one place and keep them that way

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I organize my pictures all in one place and keep them that way: how do I organize my pictures all in one place and keep them that way * Original title: pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-organize-my-pictures-all-in-one-place-and/e87a5ed8-9d76-4dca-86b2-7250c6ecf117
  6. Can't view any pictures when I click on them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view any pictures when I click on them.: Every time I try to view a picture, photo, or download on file explorer I get a pop up that says invalid view for registry. I'm really confused and stressed what's wrong? Please simplify your answer....
  7. Placing pictures in a "file"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Placing pictures in a "file"?: Hi ___ Nerd, First Class here. Need specific steps to place my pictures into a 'File'. 90 y.o., so be gentle! Wish then to transfer this file to a 'thumb drive'. I was a great Plumber, but this stuff boggles my mind!...
  8. Windows CMD does not see Desktop when I move it around

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows CMD does not see Desktop when I move it around: on windows 10 1809, I prefer to have my Desktop folder on D:, same thing for important folders like Documents and Pictures. So I go with the file explorer to my user profile, then right click on those special folder and I locate then on D:\ However, when I use CMD with a...
  9. Locking Icons Into Place

Locking Icons Into Place: Hello Community, I'm a computer teacher at a private elementary school, and I have students who move icons around, delete some, or add others. Most of the time it's harmless, however, it can slow down class when the next student to use one of those computers can't find...
  10. Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!

Locking the TASKBAR in place!!!: I would like to know why I am not able to keep my TASKBAR LOCKED IN PLACE on my computer. I am able to move it from the Bottom to the Right, to the Top and to the Left but wherever I move it, it does NOT STAY LOCKED in it's position. I keep my TASKBAR on the Bottom of my...