Windows 10: Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.

Discus and support Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files (documents, downloads, pictures etc) to my second hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Varley, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.

Hi there,

Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files (documents, downloads, pictures etc) to my second hard drive. However, for some reason, my pictures and desktop folder have been renamed to 'documents' and I can't rename them. I have tried rebooting after moving them somewhere else, but no luck. Could someone please help? Thanks. Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name. 2c1345c6-7a06-4d32-8c1c-5900fdfe6fd1?upload=true.png

:)

Michael Varley, Dec 2, 2018
  2. jmalais Win User

Altering the Documents Directory Changes the Folder Name

I set up my Documents folder location to use the D drive on my computer and now it is stuck with the folder name D:/ - however when I go into properties it says that it is Documents. How can I get it to change the folder name back to Documents?

Edit:
    Steps I took were...

1. RMB Documents (in sidebar under Quick Access)
    2. Location - Move/Change to D:/
    3. Save

Now by default any documents saved to the Documents folder will be saved to the drive D:/ (Documents) rather than in the C:/Users/

Here's a screenshot (on Windows 10).

Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name. 9w9wS.jpg

jmalais, Dec 2, 2018
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.

Unable to change folder name

Hi,

It is unusual that the folder name gets changed to "document" automatically during the backup.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Create the new folder, right click on it and select "properties".

2. Click "customize".

3. Under "optimize this folder for", select "general items" and also make sure to check the"also apply this template to all subfolder" option and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.

1. Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name. - Similar Threads - Pictures Desktop folder

2. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files: I moved some filfers to my d drive yesterday, two of which were my desktop and pictures folders. Since then i moved them back to the c drive, but now both are named "pictures" and contain the same files the desktop files and i don't know how to change them back!...
  3. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files: I moved some filfers to my d drive yesterday, two of which were my desktop and pictures folders. Since then i moved them back to the c drive, but now both are named "pictures" and contain the same files the desktop files and i don't know how to change them back!...
  4. desktop and pictures folders both named "pictures" and have the same files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change name of My Documents Folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change name of My Documents Folder.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS. Currently If you seen the My Desktop there is a Folder "My Documents". The Name of My Documents on Desktop is shown "Gavin" while in Properties its shown as "Dell" {As shown...
  6. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  7. Videos and music folder both named pictures

Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  8. Picture, 3D Model, Music, Document folder both named 'Documents'. Help me :

Picture, 3D Model, Music, Document folder both named 'Documents'. Help me :: I cant fix this, someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-3d-model-music-document-folder-both-named/41c58df0-4170-43ef-8f67-2e0394de5ab6
  9. Documents folder name change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder name change: I accidently changed the name of the Documents folder to D: trying to redirect its location to my D:Data drive. Does anyone know how I can change it back to Documents?...
  10. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...