Windows 10: Pictures and documents lost

Discus and support Pictures and documents lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, on 23rd of June when I switched on my computer windows had updated and there was a screen which was not my desktop so I restarted and it was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 123Personal Account, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Pictures and documents lost

hello, on 23rd of June when I switched on my computer windows had updated and there was a screen which was not my desktop so I restarted and it was my desktop but had no documents or pictures. I went to users and found one Anise Fatima Nasser and it had all my documents and pictures so I cut/pasted (as my computer did not have enough space to keep 2 copies) it to the documents folder in file browser. Then my computer froze so I restarted it and then everything was gone. Could you please help me to find it as I don't have a backup of my documents and pictures also only partial. Please help!!!!!!!

My case ID is 1478631641

I was guided by your tech support to go to one drive and to look in users and could not find anything.

thank you!

Regards,

Anise Nasser

:)

123Personal Account, Jul 29, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Lost documents and pictures

Hi Dulce,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

Did you create a folder for pictures as well?

The issue you are facing could be due to the pictures/documents may have copied them to the shortcut folder which will actually copy it to your document on the C\: drive on your user account. Go to the below folder path and check if you can see the
    pictures/document.

• Open file explorer and go to the
      C\:
      drive.

• Click on the user and click on user account name.

• Now click on Pictures/document and check.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Pictures and documents lost

lost pictures and documents

I have lost my pictures and documents using windows 10. how do I recover my files?

DiannaBrown1, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Pictures and documents lost

1. Pictures and documents lost - Similar Threads - Pictures documents lost

2. Lost document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  3. Lost document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  4. LOST DOCUMENTS

LOST DOCUMENTS: I have just spent hours completing a form I saved it in google docs and emailed it to someone. The email has disappeared and the form is now coming up blank. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents/1f69c59d-79d7-4044-b9e3-58908fdb565a
  5. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  6. LOST DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOST DOCUMENT: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  7. Lost Document

Lost Document: I went to save my document, clicked Save As, then clicked Browse so I could insert it into a certain file, but as soon as I clicked it, Word closed and then rebooted to the screen where you choose the document template. The first time it did this I figured it was a fluke, I...
  8. Lost documents

Lost documents: Can't find document anywhere. In middle of working on a 7 page document a Microsoft notice popped up on OneNote asking for my password. I gave it and tried to go back to my document. Only 4 paragraphs of the 7 pages were there. I had been saving after every page...
  9. Lost document

Lost document: I was working on the second page of a document and closed down and went to lunch. When I returned and tried to get into the document, I could only get into page two, page one seems to have disappeared and I cannot retrieve it Please help RayTJ...
  10. Lost Documents

Lost Documents: I have lost my Documents and files after an update in windows 10, can't find them anywhere in the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents/8a0ec8a5-5e38-4136-b7ac-67b2ba93da16"