Windows 10: Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...

Discus and support Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought myself a new ssd. I was moving files, photos to the smaller drive in order to use the bigger drive for more games however when I changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Mariyasin, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...

I bought myself a new ssd. I was moving files, photos to the smaller drive in order to use the bigger drive for more games however when I changed the location of the folders music and pictures, it duplicated the 2 folders into one ex: both are now photos despite picturing different icons. Every time i restore to default or change the location, the other one resets to the same location. Its annoying because its system folders and it sucks to see them become stuck like this. Files are safe its just annoying seeing that display like this. Any fix for this please. There's a photo below showing wha

:)

David Mariyasin, Aug 8, 2022
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Eric-Kell Win User
    Duplicate User folder.

I moved my default Pictures, Documents, Music folders to a new Data partition (D).

My Users/myName folder remained on the C partition.

Everything was fine for 2 years.

For some reason this myName folder is now duplicated on the D partition (D\myName)

I have now a default documents folder in

• D\Documents
    • D\myName\Documents
    • Onedrive\Documents
    • C\Users\myName\Documents
    The same with the other system folders.

I can not change the location of the folders in the 2 duplicate user folders.

Rightclicking in properties, there is no location option.

Only the folders in OneDrive and the D partition have this option.

Any ideas?

Eric-Kell, Aug 8, 2022
  4. yu gnomi Win User

Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...

I want File Explorer to look at a different 'Pictures' folder location

A long time ago, I both moved my various Library folders (Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos) into my OneDrive folder, and re-located my OneDrive folder from my System drive to a different drive on my PC. This all worked fine for a while.

At some point since then, Windows seems to have re-set all my OneDrive content to the System drive, causing a mass duplication of data. I don't really know when this happened, but I guess I have had duplicates of all my OneDrive content for some time now.

Just today, I noticed the duplicate files on my System drive, and went through the steps of: disconnecting my account from OneDrive; and re-initiating OneDrive so I could pick the location of the OneDrive folder. For added aggravation, I selected the existing OneDrive folder on my F: drive, as the location for my OneDrive folder to be. OneDrive proceeded to make a /OneDrive folder within the existing OneDrive folder and proceeded to "Sync" duplicates of all my existing files therein.

I fixed that by once again disconnecting my account from OneDrive and this time, when re-initiating OneDrive, selecting the root directory of my F: drive, which must be what I did when I initially changed the location of my OneDrive folder.

For the most part, things have gone well. However, I now have a Pictures folder that appears in File Explorer, that refers to a Pictures folder in the old location on my System Drive. There does not seem to be a way to change it's location by any option brought forward by right-clicking on it. Also, any files placed in it, will be "Synced" by OneDrive to a separate Pictures folder in F:\OneDrive\OneDrive, which in my book is stupid, unnecessary, unexpected and undesirable.

yu gnomi, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...

1. Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another... - Similar Threads - Pictures music system

2. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  3. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  4. Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures and music system folder files duplicated after changing folder location to another...: I bought myself a new ssd. I was moving files, photos to the smaller drive in order to use the bigger drive for more games however when I changed the location of the folders music and pictures, it duplicated the 2 folders into one ex: both are now photos despite picturing...
  5. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  6. Pictures and Downloads folders disappeared after changing the location

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures and Downloads folders disappeared after changing the location: Hello, I just got a new PC, and moved my second drive from my old PC into it. This contains my pictures and downloads. I also added a couple of folders to my user folder (C:\Users\MyName\), and copied the data from my old PC. I right-clicked on the Pictures folder in my...
  7. Folder And File Locations Changed

Folder And File Locations Changed: I have experienced my folders and files moved to new locations and have problems finding my documents now!! What is going on?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-and-file-locations-changed/d5b0912d-42ca-44fc-be7f-544537539826"
  8. Why my 'Music' folder and 'Pictures' folder under This PC change their locations together

Why my 'Music' folder and 'Pictures' folder under This PC change their locations together: I want to move all folders(Videos, Music, Download, Music, Documents, Desktop) under This PC which are in my D: disk to E: disk. So I right-clicked each folder and selected property, moved to location tab, change its value to the E: disk path. This method ran well for...
  9. Duplicate System Folders

Duplicate System Folders: This issue has been confusing me for many weeks now and I'm not too sure how to solve it or even ask for help. So basically I'm supposed to have one folder for pictures and one for videos by default. For some reason I have two video folders and none for pictures. The strange...
  10. Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders: I have discovered that I have two Documents and two Pictures folders: one of each is in "This PC" and one in "Windows (C)>Users>[my name]". They are not synced and I seem to have to copy files from one to the other to get them to show the same; if I don't I have problems...