Windows 10: Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White

Discus and support Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am getting all pictures, video and any thing that is on e-mail , you tube or any pictures on news feeds. like a flim nagitive the blacks are white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VernNiswander, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White

I am getting all pictures, video and any thing that is on e-mail , you tube or any pictures on news feeds. like a flim nagitive the blacks are white and the whites are black. not any art work

***Modify title from: Picures***

:)

VernNiswander, Dec 18, 2018
  2. bharat409 Win User

shooting videos in black and white in Lumia 640

I want to shoot/record videos in black and white/monochrome on my Lumia 640. Does anybody have any idea how to do that. I am not looking for editing after recording the videos, but recording directly in black and white. Please suggest if you know any apps
    or anything I can do for this. I specifically wanna record videos not pictures. Thank you

bharat409, Dec 18, 2018
  3. psomera Win User
    How to fix black and white mp4 files?

Problem:
    Whenever I play an mp4 file from my computer, the appearance of the video is black and white. However, not all mp4 files from my computer do that. It seems like the video files I have created specially from Windows Movie Maker are black and white because videos that I have taken from a video recorder don't seem to be black and white. I also have video files that have been converted from VCR tapes to mp4 files and those are in black and white. Even when I'm on Youtube the video is black and white. I clicked on a video, here;'s the link to it if you want to see what kind of video it is () and the image of the video is just Japanese anime girls, but when I play other videos that are recorded with a camera or are anime videos, those videos are not in black and white.

Solutions that I have already tried:
    I have updated the drive, it is called AMD Radeon HD 8400. I just did this by going to control panel ---> device manager ----> display adaptors
    After updating the drive, I restarted my computer and when I played an mp4 video again, it was still in black and white. I was thinking of disconnecting the drive and then connecting it again, but I have no idea if that is going to affect my files because I have a lot of important pictures and videos on my computer.

Additional Notes:
    • Sometimes, when I play an mp4 file or that video on Youtube, it would be colorful for a split second and then it would be back to monochrome
    • There has been a recent update with my Windows 10, but the files were still fine after the update
    • Steam has been recently downloaded on my computer
    • When I play my mp4 video on another computer (I used my USB to check it out), the pictures moving in the slideshow is actually colorful, but the mp4 files are still in black and white
    • The windows movie maker is actually not original. I re-downloaded it after the update has deleted movie maker. Since I have heard that movie maker is no longer available since last January, I redownloaded it from another site. Still, my mp4 files are still in black and white
    • Only videos that were saved as an mp4 from movie maker, videos that have been converted from VCR tapes and that one video on Youtube were in black and white.

psomera, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White

Videos in black and white

All of a sudden my videos and movies on my computer are playing in black and white. I messed with some of the setting and now i can see some greens and blues in the video but everything else is still black and white.

What is wrong with it? How can I fix this?

StevannahAllee, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White

1. Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White - Similar Threads - Pictures Videos are

2. video playback only in black/white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback only in black/white: All video playback, from Youtube to zoom to PPT files, originally recorded in color, now only replay in B/W. This just seems to occur in the last week or so of the new year 2021. I'm using Windows 10 ver 1.4.9200.22589, HP ENVY 360 laptop....
  3. Slide show with pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slide show with pictures and videos: How do I get videos to play automatically in a slide show on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slide-show-with-pictures-and-videos/faa23895-9b40-4a1c-9fd7-91f719e2d418
  4. All pictured turned black and white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All pictured turned black and white: All the images which I get on my PC turned black and white like negative. The black ones turned white and the white turned black. please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-pictured-turned-black-and-white/5549910c-6095-4d1a-8d1f-d65bda5fe4d9"
  5. video's are playing in black and white.

video's are playing in black and white.: My video's are playing in black and white....please help fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-playing-in-black-and-white/1544da19-31b3-4152-8d1b-ad48ab0ab95e
  6. Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...: So today (10/11/18) I went to go watch something I have saved one my laptop but I found it playing in black and white. Well, tried a few different things and the video started to play zoomed in on a specific area of the video. So I did some more searching, checked to make...
  7. videos play in black and white

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    videos play in black and white: I have Windows 10 and when I play a CNN video and other videos, they play in black and white. When I disconnect the power cord, they play in color. Any ideas?...
  8. display all videos play in black and white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display all videos play in black and white: how do I get my color back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/display-all-videos-play-in-black-and-white/40b1e819-df2f-48a4-85d8-193b4b6031c1
  9. Videos in black and white

Videos in black and white: All of a sudden my videos and movies on my computer are playing in black and white. I messed with some of the setting and now i can see some greens and blues in the video but everything else is still black and white. What is wrong with it? How can I fix this?...
  10. Videos only playing in black and white.

Videos only playing in black and white.: All of the sudden, my videos only play in black and white. I am not computer savvy and have no idea of what I did to cause this or how to fix it. I did some general things but didn't want to do anything to make matters worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I...