Windows 10: Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.

Discus and support Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows photo gallery my pictures and videos randomly duplicate, triplicate and quadruple. This is a recurring problem rendering years of pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seth harrison, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.

In windows photo gallery my pictures and videos randomly duplicate, triplicate and quadruple. This is a recurring problem rendering years of pictures useless! I have spent MANY hours cleaning this up only to have the problem come back. This has been happening since windows 7.

I have 51 gigs in pictures and 42 gigs video. not much but it is a lot of my family history that is almost inaccessible.

1) How do I clean it up?

2) HOW do I prevent it from recurring?

PLEASE help me!!

:)

seth harrison, Apr 17, 2019

2. Multiple (duplicate/triplicate) music files on Windows 8 Nokia Lumia 820 phone with Cloud turned off. Why?

I even have the same problem.... Mine is Lumia 520... Not only music even pictures and videos are getting duplicated and triplicated... I hard reset the phone... Formatted the SD card... Even turned cloud or backup off. YET THE PROBLEM PERSISTS.... PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP MICROSOFT....

SubhojitMallik, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Duplicate files of music , video & images

Duplicate/triplicate music files on Nokia Lumia 520 OS verson 8.0.10517.150 & firmware revision version 3056.40000.1349.2001 (with GDR3 and Black Update)

Just like other users, i have an issue with multiple (duplicate and sometimes triplicate) music files in my Music + Videos Library.

I have purchased a micro SD card (32GB class 10) of sandisc brand.I synced a small playlist with favorite songs , videos & images to a (32GB class 10) SD card inside my phone, and i had no problems with duplicates. I used the Windows Phone App for desktop
    (i'm running Windows 8 Pro x64).

Now, next time when i tried to sync my songs , videos & images, with the exact same process then i checked inside my Music + Videos Library and in photos many songs , videos & images were duplicated or triplicated. When i'm browsing in the SD card using
    the windows explorer, i only see one file of each song or video.

So i tried:

- Reboot my phone multiple times

- Reformatting SD card multiple times (with and without reboot) from my phone and through windows explorer.

- Change from "sync from iTunes" to "sync from PC library" (same result and even larger amount of files were duplicated)

- Copy & paste with Windows Explorer.

- Using the itunes and the Media Player for syncing.

- Sync playlist and standalone files to my phone.

- Tried all the steps.

- Searching the forum for solutions and other forums but nothing helped.

I have the latest software update in my phone so don't bother to send me a link to the windows phone 8 history update. It really doesn't help!

The only thing i didn't try is to reset my phone to factory setting. It is the last thing i want to do.

Thank you.

RushikeshPS, Apr 17, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating.

1. Pictures and videos duplicating, Triplicating. - Similar Threads - Pictures videos duplicating

2. Triplicated keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triplicated keyboards: Hello community,So this was a bit stupid on my end, but attempting at creating a keyboard for my conlang MSKLC, I messed up twice and now I have 2 useless keyboards. How do I delete them for good? I tried uninstalling them through control centre....
  3. How do I stop picture and video duplication?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop picture and video duplication?: All of my storage places are full because pictures & videos are constantly duplicating. How do I stop it from happening?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-picture-and-video-duplication/0ca7de0d-7df2-4aab-8d99-08475bebbca4
  4. How do I stop picture and video duplication?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop picture and video duplication?: All of my storage places are full because pictures & videos are constantly duplicating. How do I stop it from happening?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-picture-and-video-duplication/0ca7de0d-7df2-4aab-8d99-08475bebbca4
  5. How do I stop picture and video duplication?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DUPLICATE PICTURES

DUPLICATE PICTURES: I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HAVE THE COMPUTER APP SEARCH AND DELETE DUPLICATE PICTURES IN MY PICTURE FOLDER. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-pictures/eed4bf35-bee2-41d8-b2df-6d98384870b8
  7. How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?: I probably have thousands of duplicate video files in 2 locations (Videos and Pictures sub-folders). Is it possible to remove without installing 3rd party app? If not, which app do you recommend? submitted by /u/zacce [link] [comments]...
  8. Triplicate Photos

Triplicate Photos: Why am i getting Triplicate photos when transferring Photos from iPhone to PC and what is the setting to stop it from happening again? Transferring Photos should be Easy Peazy but now its Easy Peazy Pissing me off... Anybody know a Quick Fix?...
  9. Duplicate pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate pictures: Hello, yes so I am sorting through the files on my laptop and discovered I had a few photos the same, so I decided to put all the pictures I had into one folder and as they were transferring a message read that an image had the same name with the option to skip or replace...
  10. Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate, triplicate and more of content icons: Since upgrading, when I go to file explorer I have duplicates of everything, e.g., several desk tops, several My PCs, several libraries. It's hard to judge how many because inside each on are duplicate icons. So every folder I have appears multiple times. I counted at least 4...