Windows 10: Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop

Discus and support Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Quilting10, May 7, 2020.

1. Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop

I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a picture of a blue mountain with a moon as in it's an "image file". I need to see the pictures. I don't want to have to click on the icon to see the picture. Most of the time I right click and save with some bogus random letters so I don't know what the image is now unless I click on it. How do I change this? Same things with pdf files I download. I want to see the picture of what I downloaded not the icon PDF.

:)

Quilting10, May 7, 2020

2. no picture previewonly a blue microsoft mountain icon

I cannot view my pictures, there is a blue microsoft mountain icon

RhondaPerdos, May 7, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 7, 2020
  4. Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop

Installed Microsoft update. Now pictures show up as a blue mountain icon

Installed Microsoft update. Now pictures show up as a blue mountain icon. How do I get pictures back? Windows 10

LaVerneOmbadykow, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop

1. Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop - Similar Threads - Pictures appear Mountain

2. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  3. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  4. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  5. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  6. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon appearance: When I moved my desktop icons across from my old to new computer both Acers and both using Windows 10 most of the icon tiles are now plain white and do not feature the distinctive site logo as was the case before.How can I restore?...
  7. No icons appear on the desktop

No icons appear on the desktop: When I open Microsoft, the desktop is completely blank. None of the icons or shortcuts appear. When I try to add one, nothing shows up, but it is indicated that the shortcut already exists. How do I get my original desktop back?...
  8. Microsoft showing a mountain instead of my picture and 'Always show icons never thumbnails'...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft showing a mountain instead of my picture and 'Always show icons never thumbnails'...: I need another solution to try besides unchecking the "always show icons never thumbnails" when microsoft is showing the Mountain ICON instead of my photo. The other is already UNCHECKED! I have googled, hit tech sites trying to find a solution but have come up with nothing....
  9. Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop: For some reason a folder named “Pictures” (path C;\Users\Jolene\Desktop) comes up when I startup. I then delete it and in the course of a day it just appears 4 or 5 more times. In the folder, there is a "Saved Pictures" folder that is empty. Why is this happening? Thank...
  10. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....