Windows 10: Pictures are dim

Discus and support Pictures are dim in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open any pictures, the screen goes dim, but only when I open pictures. I have been reading about the screens dimming, and have changed all power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SunshineDesignsBend, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Pictures are dim

When I open any pictures, the screen goes dim, but only when I open pictures. I have been reading about the screens dimming, and have changed all power and display settings, but my pictures are still dim, even after updates and restarts. My drivers are updated. I don't think it's a graphics or display setting, because my screen only dims when I open picture files. If anyone can help, I really appreciate it. I'm running windows 10 on a microsoft surface pro 4. This issue has only been noticed in the last few months. I'm not exactly sure how long it's been going on, but it wasn't always like this.

:)

SunshineDesignsBend, Jun 23, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Pictures are dim

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Pictures are dim

1. Pictures are dim - Similar Threads - Pictures are dim

2. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  3. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  4. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  5. Dim Screen

Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  6. Dim Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  7. Screen Dimming

Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  8. Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact: So I just wanted to reduce the contrast of UI elements, such as webpages or folder backgrounds, while keeping pictures and movies intact. The idea is to darken anything but pictures and movies. So that when a webpage has some #000000 in styles, it will display as #000000. If...
  9. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  10. Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dim

Free OCR: Turn a picture of text into real text without spending a dim: Optical character recognition (OCR) software has been around for a long time. But for the most part, it's still cumbersome and expensive. If you only occasionally need to turn an image of text into the real thing, there's no point in buying it. So here are two simple OCR...