Windows 10: Pictures are replaced

Discus and support Pictures are replaced in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the new computer (HP) for about two months now. I've been saving a few pictures to my computer, and I notice that every so often, Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElginLewis, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Pictures are replaced

I have the new computer (HP) for about two months now.

I've been saving a few pictures to my computer, and I notice that every so often, Windows 10 "replaces" one of those pictures with something else. (It could be one that I've deleted, or simply a .jpg that it just made up from somewhere else on the comp).

But, I notice that if I try to call up the file name that I've assigned to that picture, it is just gone, and something else is in its place.

What gives, and what should I do?

:)

ElginLewis, Nov 28, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Pictures are replaced

I can get only single pictures using picture gallery slideshow

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to copy all the pictures in libraries picture folder.

• Open files explorer and click on the Picture folder.
    • Now copy all your favorite picture to the picture folder.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Pictures are replaced

1. Pictures are replaced - Similar Threads - Pictures are replaced

2. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.: I wanted to transfer my Pictures from Local Disk: D to Local Disk: CBut I remember, when I set the location in properties of Pictures, I set it as "C:\Users\myusernameI did that coz I wanted the Picture folder to be inside there,But it replaced my myusername instead of...
  3. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.: I wanted to transfer my Pictures from Local Disk: D to Local Disk: CBut I remember, when I set the location in properties of Pictures, I set it as "C:\Users\myusernameI did that coz I wanted the Picture folder to be inside there,But it replaced my myusername instead of...
  4. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help! 'Pictures' folder replaced my user profile, now all the contents of pictures and my...

Help! 'Pictures' folder replaced my user profile, now all the contents of pictures and my...: So I moved the default file location for both Pictures and Videos to a new drive, after some time I decided to move them back, but when I moved pictures to my user my name 'pictures' replaced my name so the pictures folder is the default location for all my user info, how do...
  6. Help! 'Pictures' folder replaced my user profile, now all the contents of pictures and my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! 'Pictures' folder replaced my user profile, now all the contents of pictures and my...: So I moved the default file location for both Pictures and Videos to a new drive, after some time I decided to move them back, but when I moved pictures to my user my name 'pictures' replaced my name so the pictures folder is the default location for all my user info, how do...
  7. Pictures are continually replaced by placeholders in outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pictures are continually replaced by placeholders in outlook 2016: Dell Precision Tower 16.0 GM RAM 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorWindows 10 ProVersion 2004OS build 19041.985Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0MS Office Professional Plus 2016Microsoft® Outlook® 2016 MSO 16.0.13929.20206 32-bitThe other office programs show "Version...
  8. Replacement for Picture It Premium 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacement for Picture It Premium 10: Is there a program that replaces Picture It Premium 10 [Original Title: Picture It Premium 10] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacement-for-picture-it-premium-10/d877a3ac-4d53-45ff-9940-27695bc8b19e
  9. to know how to undo a replace picture

to know how to undo a replace picture: how to undo a picture that replace from windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-know-how-to-undo-a-replace-picture/db2d5cbe-221e-4861-9baf-e0020127a561
  10. Can I replace the Cortana circle with a static picture?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I replace the Cortana circle with a static picture?: Currently, Cortana looks like this, [img] I would like Cortana to look like this, [img] Does anyone know a way to do this? AND Who's the weirdo at MS that likes to talk to animated circles? /facepalm 98934