Windows 10: Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer.

Discus and support Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a WD MyCloud network drive for mass storage. I noticed that when photos stored on the drive are accessed via Windows File Manager, they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tymmicus, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Tymmicus Win User

Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer.

I have a WD MyCloud network drive for mass storage. I noticed that when photos stored on the drive are accessed via Windows File Manager, they are very compressed (one-tenth or less of original size). However, when accessed via the WD file management software, the original size of the photo file is reflected (see screenshot). If the same file is opened in PhotoShop, the resultant properties depend on where it was opened from; a smaller, thumbnail type photo if launched from File Explorer, or the original size if launched from the WD file manager program. How can the same file, in the same location, have two sets of properties? How can I make Windows File Explorer "see" the original file size?

Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer. [​IMG]

:)

Tymmicus, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 10, 2019
  3. How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer.

How to change the viewing format of the pictures in File Explorer on Windows 10.

Hello Mac,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File Explorer.

• Open the files/folders where pictures are located.

• From the ribbon file, click on View
      tab.

• From Layout section, toggle between the options and check if you are able to view the pictures in the type you desire.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer.

1. Pictures Compressed When Viewed/Accessed in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Pictures Compressed Viewed

2. Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".: When creating graphics in Windows 10 I have been able to instruct file explorer to allow me to view the files as "pictures", so it will be easier for me to see what is contained in each file. I have tried several ways to change the view, but I am not seeing the option I want...
  3. Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".: When creating graphics in Windows 10 I have been able to instruct file explorer to allow me to view the files as "pictures", so it will be easier for me to see what is contained in each file. I have tried several ways to change the view, but I am not seeing the option I want...
  4. Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  6. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  7. When viewing pictures in file explorer, keeps moving back to first picture

When viewing pictures in file explorer, keeps moving back to first picture: When I am viewing individual photographs in File Explorer, in effort to delete duplicates, I select one or more and hit delete. However, this Surface Pro 6 constantly sends me back to beginning of the file i.e. the first picture or row, and I have to start over and try and...
  8. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  9. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  10. File Explorer Compression & WinZip?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Compression & WinZip?: Not wanting to hijack an existing thread, I'm asking here. Does WinZip offer better options & features than the built-in File Explorer compression? 82132

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when I am viewing pictures in a compressed file how do i view items in order