Windows 10: Pictures crash when told to print

Discus and support Pictures crash when told to print in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, when i click fiile and print i get an error saying internal error can not print. this locks up the picture viewer (any picture viewer) and the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Becks, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Becks Win User

Pictures crash when told to print

Hi, when i click fiile and print i get an error saying internal error can not print. this locks up the picture viewer (any picture viewer) and the only way to close it is to end it in task manger.
    Any one come across this and have a fix? I can print from any other application so i know its not my printer driver.
    Cheers
    Bec

:)

Becks, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Nico21gm Win User

Windows 10 -I cannot print pictures

Ever since I upgrade to Windows 10 I cannot print pictures. When I select the picture to print it goes to "not responding" and stays idle.

I called a support I.T group and I was told that "windows 10 does not have photo gallery" with the new upgrade and that Microsoft will need to upgrade it when they do future upgrades.

Nico21gm, Aug 11, 2015
  3. I facing printing problems in Microsoft Edge?

I'm having this same problem on my windows 10 now after a recent ms update.

Can't print from Edge, it gets stuck on "Connecting"

Also can't print from MS Notepad. when trying to print, notepad crashes.

Able to print from everything else like: Chome, Wordpad, paint, snipping tool, pictures right form file explorer.

ClaudioCabete, Aug 11, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

Maybe an Explorer issue, try running the Troublshooter

robgr, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    This could be anything - but it might be easy to solve. Please answer the following questions - all of them:

• Which program are you using to print the photo? The new photo app? Photo viewer? Photo gallery? Something completely different?
    • And which program is crashing? "Pictures" is not the name of any photo viewer I know - but it is the name of an Explorer folder. I guess the explorer is not crashing, right?
    • Which file type is it that is affected? JPG? JPEG? PNG? ...
    • Does this crash occur only with one file type? Or with many?
    • Or - speaking of an affected file type - only with certain pictures and not with others of the same file type?

Currently we cannot answer this question.

Joergi, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Becks Win User
    Thanks for the quick response. *Smile
    It seems to have fixed it self. I set the photo viewer to be the default picture viewer yesterday and tried to print a picture (jpg) after a reboot this morning and it gave me the error so tried a different format (png) and it worked.
    I have tried using different formats and opening with different programs and they all seem to work now.
    So maybe the answer is set photo viewer as default picture viewer then restart, or open a different file type.
    Thanks
    Becky

Becks, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    If such a problem only affects certain file types (like jpg in your case), you can have a look into the registry in order to see the command, which is run, when you click the print function on a jpg file. In a default Windows installation, this command can be found in the registry in this key:

Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpegfile\shell\printto\command[/quote] With Windows Photo Viewer set for jpg files, the key "default" has this value:

Code: "%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\shimgvw.dll",ImageView_PrintTo /pt "%1" "%2" "%3" "%4"[/quote] In my case, png files, which you find under

Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pngfile\shell\printto\command[/quote] are printed with the same command.

So, if this is broken for you for jpg files while it works for png files, then you might want to compare these two values. If they are different, maybe you want to fix the one for jpg files.

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pictures crash when told to print - Similar Threads - Pictures crash told

2. Printing pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing pictures: How can I print pictures sent via text to my android phone from the iCloud Not able to do from an Apple ID account I established. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-pictures/e04dd624-072c-4451-99ec-3e2de9bfd266
  3. Print pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print pictures: How do I print pictures from my OneDrive account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-pictures/7e166d93-1252-44dc-aff1-87eb0becb79b
  4. Print pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print pictures: How do I print pictures from my OneDrive account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-pictures/7e166d93-1252-44dc-aff1-87eb0becb79b
  5. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!: I Have been getting this problem since I restored my device from windows 11 to windows 10 as my PC, although it said it was supported, became slow. Since then if I try to print using print preference in and even if I don't change anything I get an error so I just skip it and...
  6. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!: I Have been getting this problem since I restored my device from windows 11 to windows 10 as my PC, although it said it was supported, became slow. Since then if I try to print using print preference in and even if I don't change anything I get an error so I just skip it and...
  7. Print Preview Print Pictures app CRASHING!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Printing pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing pictures: We normally can go to file explorer to print pictures. We right click the pic and select the size. We need to print a few pics on one page. But now it only prints the sides of the pictures. No middle. They will print fine if you double click the photo and hit the print...
  9. Error when trying print a picture

Error when trying print a picture: I want to print a set of pictures I have saved. I cant do this. I have tried printing individually and all together but I keep getting an error. I have tried uninstalling the printer from my computer and reinstalling it wont work. I have set the printer to default...
  10. PRINT PICTURES

PRINT PICTURES: CAN'T PRINT PICTURES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-pictures/8f40e203-a0c9-4d73-ad9c-1af47e447c97

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creo crashes when told to print