Windows 10: Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums

Discus and support Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I imported Iphone and OnePLus pictures to my PC and safely stored them locally in 2 separated folders. I want to use a selection of those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Johann9, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Johann9 Win User

Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums

Hello,

I imported Iphone and OnePLus pictures to my PC and safely stored them locally in 2 separated folders. I want to use a selection of those pictures to make a photo album with Windows Picture.

I successfully included the folders in the windows picture tool, as they appear in the "Collection" section of the app then imported all pictures in a new album.

I made my selection by removing the pictures I did not want to keep from the album I was making.

The day after, all pictures taken with the IPhone had disappeared from the album I made (but still are in the collection section, and locally stored in the same folder as before). The pictures taken with the OnePlus are still in the album.

Anyone knows how i could retrieve the selection of the iphone pictures I made (and avoid seeing the disappear again)?

Thanks for your help.

Johann

***moved on english forum***

:)

Johann9, Aug 12, 2019
  2. DNeff Win User

Pictures disappearing from Windows Photo Album

I created a new Album and selected pictures for the album. The pictures were saved in the album. Now, several weeks later, the pictures are no longer in the album. I have not delected any pictures or pictures folders.

Why are they disappearing and what can I do to keep the album together?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DNeff, Aug 12, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums

PICTURES ALBUM

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Where have you saved the photo album in PC? Have you saved in local drive?

2) Did you check in Recycle bin?

As a workaround, Try to create a new folder and create a photo album and then save it on desktop or pictures folder in this PC.

If the issue persists, then try to create a new local account and check the issue in that account.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums

1. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Similar Threads - Pictures disappear Picture

2. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community: I'm missing photos that I installed in my photos ALBUMS. I have 192 albums and only 20 albums still have photos in them.. Why did they disappear from the Albums. These Albums took a very long time to make up and some are VERY important????Windows 10 Pro, 22H2, PC...
  3. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community: I'm missing photos that I installed in my photos ALBUMS. I have 192 albums and only 20 albums still have photos in them.. Why did they disappear from the Albums. These Albums took a very long time to make up and some are VERY important????Windows 10 Pro, 22H2, PC...
  4. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing pictures in Album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing pictures in Album: I created an album by add to.... they are there in saved pictures but when I go through personalizing and slideshow then browse they are not there. Any thoughts. I have 70 pictures...
  6. Missing pictures in Album

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing pictures in Album: I created an album by add to.... they are there in saved pictures but when I go through personalizing and slideshow then browse they are not there. Any thoughts. I have 70 pictures...
  7. Missing pictures in Album

8. watch the picture from an album

watch the picture from an album: I am using windows 10 and Photo application . I choose an album and when I watch it there are missing pictures . How I can fix this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watch-the-picture-from-an-album/1f28ee94-5b91-4334-be04-ce4450461284
  9. Album art pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Album art pictures: Windows 10 Home edition version 1903.I have a lot of "Album art"pictures I don`t want and would like to delete them as they have got mixed up in some music albums is it safe to do so? 142745
  10. Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App: Hello, The pictures that I sort into Albums in the default Photos app regularly delete themselves out of the albums. The images are still in the app in general, but now nearly all of my albums are empty. I have 38 albums and only 3 have any pictures in them anymore. This...