Windows 10: pictures file still being shared even after deleted

Discus and support pictures file still being shared even after deleted in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello all, I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SPRICE2, Dec 15, 2018.

1. SPRICE2 Win User

pictures file still being shared even after deleted

Hello all,

I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream media, for some reason the player streams my deleted photos, How can I stop this? I tried deleteing app/etc..

***Moved from Windows 10/Devices & drivers***

:)

SPRICE2, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 15, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. pictures file still being shared even after deleted

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

pictures file still being shared even after deleted

1. pictures file still being shared even after deleted - Similar Threads - pictures file still

2. No internet even after being connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet even after being connected to the internet.: [IMG] Hi! I am suffering from a very weird problem with the internet connection of my laptop from a long time. Can you give me a solution? Even there is internet, my browser says no internet. And it mostly happens when the laptop get switched from charging to "on...
  3. Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted

Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted: This folder keeps reappearing after I move it into another folder. I have tried the suggestion to change the owner to everyone. No luck. I have tried running the MSERT. It said it found 2 things Deleted one and partially deleted the other. Other security programs find...
  4. Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder

Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder: Desk has a few dents more right now. Several machines on the LAN. Two machines, both W10 machines. THAT machine has the WHOLE users folder set to be shared because I have need to access items in the user tree from just about all over it, from Desktop to Videos. Works fine for...
  5. Recover Deleted files if even back up is Deleted

Recover Deleted files if even back up is Deleted: Trying to recover files and photos that have been deleted on both hard drive and one drive. did a recovery on one drive but nothing turned up please help...
  6. pictures file still being shared even after deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures file still being shared even after deleted: Hello all, I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream media, for some reason the player streams my deleted photos, How can I stop this? I tried deleteing app/etc.. ***Moved from...
  7. pictures file still being shared even after deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pictures file still being shared even after deleted: Hello all, I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream media, for some reason the player streams my deleted photos, How can I stop this? I tried deleteing app/etc.....
  8. why my file keep being deleted?

why my file keep being deleted?: Hi, I am facing this problem several times. i worked my files on Mac. i open on onedrive folder on my computer. before i close my word file, i save it. but, after that, i can not find it in on onedrive folder. i go to the website onedrive, and check the recycle bin....
  9. Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall: I bought a second-hand surface Pro and after a clean reinstall, still, windows is faulty. the problem is that none of Windows settings and capabilities work. the start button doesn't work, the control panel won't open. and none of the things that you have access through...
  10. Windows 10 still available in boot option after being deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 still available in boot option after being deleted: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with no OS, so i decided to install windows 10 on it using the windows 10 tool, but because of my excitement to install fast windows, i didn't realize i was installing it on the HDD having a SSD. After researching i saw a solution...