Windows 10: pictures file still being shared even after deleted

Discus and support pictures file still being shared even after deleted in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello all, I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SPRICE2, Dec 15, 2018.

1. SPRICE2 Win User

pictures file still being shared even after deleted

Hello all,

I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream media, for some reason the player streams my deleted photos, How can I stop this? I tried deleteing app/etc..

***Moved from Windows 10/Devices & drivers***

:)

SPRICE2, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 15, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. pictures file still being shared even after deleted

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

pictures file still being shared even after deleted

1. pictures file still being shared even after deleted - Similar Threads - pictures file still

2. Virus still being detected after manual deletion of offensive file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus still being detected after manual deletion of offensive file: I checked the details of scan to see which file the viruses were being detected from, and I manually deleted the file and emptied the recycling bin. I've restarted my computer and Windows defender is still telling me the virus is in this file i've already deleted. I also ran...
  3. Virus still being detected after manual deletion of offensive file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus still being detected after manual deletion of offensive file: I checked the details of scan to see which file the viruses were being detected from, and I manually deleted the file and emptied the recycling bin. I've restarted my computer and Windows defender is still telling me the virus is in this file i've already deleted. I also ran...
  4. Cannot share files/pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot share files/pictures: Recently i was asked to update my account through a notification. I have Yahoo mail through my sky tv broadband package. And this has been running very well, for my windows 10. Which i also updated i.e changed password. But ever since i was asked to update my account i...
  5. File being deleted after Downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File being deleted after Downloading: Hi, the last few days I've been having some weird issues. I have a Bootstrapper exe file which downloads a set of specific files. Everything runs smoothly, but when the Bootstrapper finishes, another exe file which is the application gets deleted. Its only the exe file which...
  6. OneDrive still syncs after being deleted

OneDrive still syncs after being deleted: I am a Microsoft office user, I also used to use OneDrive After deleting OneDrive I wanted to lose all my useless files on the cloud but it still syncs to Microsoft office.[IMG]...
  7. Deleted Folder iCloud Photos Still Showing In File Explorer After Being Deleted

Deleted Folder iCloud Photos Still Showing In File Explorer After Being Deleted: Hello. I have been bothered for the past 2 hours about something that happened after uninstalling the iCloud app from the Microsoft Store. When you first open up the iCloud app, it adds 2 folders to OneDrive, iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos. I uninstalled the iCloud app today,...
  8. Virus still being detected after manual deletion of offensive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus still being detected after manual deletion of offensive files: I checked the details of scan to see which file the viruses were being detected from, and I manually deleted the file and emptied the recycling bin. I've restarted my computer twice and Windows defender is still telling me the virus is in this file i've already deleted....
  9. pictures file still being shared even after deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures file still being shared even after deleted: Hello all, I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream media, for some reason the player streams my deleted photos, How can I stop this? I tried deleteing app/etc.. ***Moved from...
  10. pictures file still being shared even after deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pictures file still being shared even after deleted: Hello all, I deleted a folder from my pc as well as never allowed sharing access to it in the first place, I have a Roku tcl tv with app to stream media, for some reason the player streams my deleted photos, How can I stop this? I tried deleteing app/etc.....