Windows 10: Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images...

Discus and support Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is very annoying. Pictures folder is marked as 'offline'. I'm using 'Free up space' menu option severalt times a day, but OneDrive keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mylawacad, Jan 15, 2020.

1. mylawacad Win User

Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images...

This is very annoying. Pictures folder is marked as 'offline'. I'm using 'Free up space' menu option severalt times a day, but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images constantly.

:)

mylawacad, Jan 15, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images...

Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out

So, I have an Explorer sidebar cluttered with broken things. I'll put this in list form so it's easiest to digest:

1) Installed Windows 10. All was well.
    2) Began using OneDrive.
    3) Re-directed Pictures folder to OneDrive (D:\OneDrive\Pictures).
    4) Decided to go back to university. University offers a free OneDrive Business account with 1TB of storage and free access to all the Office apps. Score! Saving 10 bucks a month!
    5) Migrated all of my files from personal account to University account.
    6) Logged out of personal OneDrive account.
    7) Personal OneDrive folder is stuck in the Explorer sidebar and points to the old OneDrive folder, which it keeps making even if I try to delete it.
    8) Tried to re-direct pictures folder to "D:\OneDrive - University\Pictures" and get an "Access Denied" message.

So, I'm stuck with a OneDrive folder in the sidebar I can't get rid of, and a Pictures folder that points to nothing and can't be changed. What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks!

Erglebergle, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images...

1. Pictures folder is marked as 'offline' but OneDrive keeps downloading all the images... - Similar Threads - Pictures folder marked

2. Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive: I have about 100 pictures in a folder on Onedrive via Outlook.com. I can view about 60-70 by using the arrow key. Then it stalls. It doesn't matter whether I am on Win 10 or 11 pro. It's frustrating. At first, I thought the folder was too big but reducing the number of...
  3. Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive: I have about 100 pictures in a folder on Onedrive via Outlook.com. I can view about 60-70 by using the arrow key. Then it stalls. It doesn't matter whether I am on Win 10 or 11 pro. It's frustrating. At first, I thought the folder was too big but reducing the number of...
  4. OneDrive Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Pictures Folder: How do I get rid of the OneDrive Pictures Folder that shows under This PC in File Explorer. I have unlinked OneDrive. I have no OneDrive Cloud Icon, I have no other OneDrive Folders that show up anywhere. OneDrive itself is not on my computer, yet the Picture Folder linked to...
  5. Pictures Folder and OneDrive

Pictures Folder and OneDrive: I have an account on my PC - when I linked OneDrive - it redirected the default pictures folder to the OneDrive folder - which I do not want. So I unlinked OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder on my desktop. Now all I want is my Pictures folder in my User Folder. Why is...
  6. OneDrive folders setting offline or online

OneDrive folders setting offline or online: I am trying to make certain folders in OneDrive in FileExplorer available offline, so I can quickly get access to them without waiting for them to download. I searched for documentation, which seems to indicate you need to choose "make available offline" in the file/folder...
  7. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!: Recently purchased Lenovo ThinkBook laptop, that came with Win10 Pro. Noticed that whenever I find an interesting image, picture, photo, doc, etc. while on Google Search, and I click "save". The saved item doesn't show up in the usual folders as in old PCs I had as these...
  8. onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...

onedrive downloads pictures in "pictures" folder as single pictures-will not put them in...: I have been trying to get help with this problem for 3 weeks now. All of a sudden, when I use my sd card to download pictures, onedrive puts them in onedrive as usual but when it puts them in "pictures" it lists them as separate pictures. It will not put them in a folder...
  9. All folders are marked read only.

All folders are marked read only.: I'm having issues where my version of Windows 10 is making all of my folders read-only and causing major access denied errors happen with some programs that need read and write access. [ATTACH] Its not a problem with the program its windows and as I'm running on Windows...
  10. Make Pictures an Offline Folder

Make Pictures an Offline Folder: How do i make the Pictures folder, an offline folder so all the pictures show, instead of some having a thumbnail[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-pictures-an-offline-folder/2d137c44-d4c7-4f79-ad2e-07e33b0a1126