Windows 10: Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop

Discus and support Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary update, I keep getting a Pictures folder reappearing on my desktop. Any clue how to get this to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Clay, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Clay Win User

Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop

Ever since I updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary update, I keep getting a Pictures folder reappearing on my desktop. Any clue how to get this to stop without going into the registry and permanently deleting the Folder(?)

- C -

:)

2. Problem with latest updates on Windows 10 with Folders

After the last updates my on Windows 10 I keep getting a Pictures Folder appearing on my desktop. It does not show as a shortcut. There is nothing in the folder. This happens when I start my computer in the morning and also throughout the day when I sign
    back in.

The path shows C:/users\tony\Desktop. I keep deleting it and it always reappears.

I do have a Pictures folder This PC>Windows (CPictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop :)>Users.tony>Pictures which does contains all my pictures.

Thanks,

The Pool Commish, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow limited to 20 photos!!!

I recently updated from Microsoft 8.1 to 10, and I used to have pictures from my pictures folder appear on my desktop. (More than 20 pictures could appear from my picture folder.) However, the photos no longer appear after the MS technician installed 10.
    The technician told me that when he signed off the pictures would reappear, but they have not. How do I get the pictures from my picture folder to reappear on my desktop and how many can appear. By the way, I tried the instructions that were given for this
    problem in 2015, but those instructions are obsolete.

College Graduate, Aug 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop - Similar Threads - Pictures Folder keeps

2. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  3. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  4. My Music folder keeps appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Music folder keeps appearing on my desktop: The default music folder keeps appearing on my desktop even after deletion, the folder is completely empty and has been deleted many times but keeps appearing on my desktop. I've run windows defender, Malwarebytes and PCmatic and everything is fine is there a reason? I've...
  5. My Music folder keeps appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Music folder keeps appearing on my desktop: The default music folder keeps appearing on my desktop even after deletion, the folder is completely empty and has been deleted many times but keeps appearing on my desktop. I've run windows defender, Malwarebytes and PCmatic and everything is fine is there a reason? I've...
  6. Pictures folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures folder on desktop: The Pictures folder is on my desktop and its not a shortcut. It's the actual pictures folder and if i move it to the recycle bin it cant open any more in explorer. how do i put it back where it was? windows version number is 18363.1198 if needed 173267
  7. documents folder appeared in pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    documents folder appeared in pictures folder: a copy of the documents folder is in my pictures folder and I cant remove it. I have tried deleting it, I tried Properties>Choose the Location tab> click on restore default, and nothing I do can get it out of pictures. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  8. Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures appear as a Mountain Icon my Desktop: I download lots of photos to use elsewhere on the web like my Etsy site. Since the most recent update 5-7-20 all my photos on my desktop are now a picture of a blue mountain with a moon as in it's an "image file". I need to see the pictures. I don't want to have to click on...
  9. Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures Folder Appearing on Desktop: For some reason a folder named “Pictures” (path C;\Users\Jolene\Desktop) comes up when I startup. I then delete it and in the course of a day it just appears 4 or 5 more times. In the folder, there is a "Saved Pictures" folder that is empty. Why is this happening? Thank...
  10. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....