Windows 10: Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos

Discus and support Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to add more photos to the Picture Folder but it says there is not enough space. I have deleted Trash, etc. Is there a way to get more space for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanetteBromfield, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos

I want to add more photos to the Picture Folder but it says there is not enough space. I have deleted Trash, etc. Is there a way to get more space for this folder?

:)

JeanetteBromfield, Sep 10, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos

Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos

1. Pictures Folder Not enough Space to Add more Photos - Similar Threads - Pictures Folder enough

2. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  3. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  4. "Not enough space"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space": I'm trying to download a file, but it always says something like "There isn't enough space" even though I have tons of storage left. I've scanned the file and used 2 different antivirus software to scan my computer McAffee and malwarebytes and there is no problems with my...
  5. Google Photos adds new Cinematic photos and more

in Windows 10 News
    Google Photos adds new Cinematic photos and more: The holidays are always a great time to reflect on what really matters—for me, that’s my family, both near and back home in Europe. With Memories in Google Photos, I'm able to relive the moments—big and small—I've shared with my...
  6. Not enough storage space despite enough storage space?

Not enough storage space despite enough storage space?: Hello, I have upgraded from on my PC from HDD to M2 ssd so cloned and cloned everything to the m2. Even Windows. For this I have connected an external ssd on which I want to load more games now the ext. SSD has 650gb free memory but it shows is origin, uplay or steam in...
  7. Not Enough Space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Enough Space?: Hello, I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of Windows 10. But when I try to install it, my computer says there isn't enough space on it to install the new version of...
  8. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

"Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  9. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...
  10. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Support
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...