Windows 10: Pictures folder problem

Discus and support Pictures folder problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to put some pictures into the pictures folder in my account on my local drive. When i try the Pictures folder below PC in the navigation pane... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rockface, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Rockface Win User

Pictures folder problem

I want to put some pictures into the pictures folder in my account on my local drive.

When i try the Pictures folder below PC in the navigation pane it is now in the OneDrive folder.

When i try to go to it via my C drive it does not exist.

When i try to restore the default, apply and move the files , it says it cant because there is something int he same location that cannot be redirected. SO i am at a loss what to do.

Can someone help me with thus safely please.

Thanks in advance

:)

Rockface, Jan 5, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Traijan Win User
    Pictures folder problems

Hi,

So I followed these instructions:
    And it fixed the other system folders but it's not fixing the Pictures folder, the Pictures folder still refuses to allow me to write anything into it.

I followed the instructions exactly from above. The thing is though that with Step 5 and 6 above my username is already listed as the owner. I go ahead and do them anyway, and type in my username and click the button and add it in again but it never appears in the list of users that have access to the folder at all.

I tried closing the windows after clicking ok and reopening them to see that I'm still listed as the owner of it in the Advanced settings but I'm not in the list of users below that. I have also rebooted the computer but I'm still not listed in the users with access nor can I write/save files to the Pictures folder

How do I solve this?

Traijan, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Traijan Win User

Pictures folder problem

Pictures folder problems

Okay, I finally figured this out.

As it turns out in the Advanced folder options for the system folders like Pictures, My Documents etc, in all of them except for the Pictures folder, I was listed as a both the owner and as a user in the list of users that gives my account full access.

But for some reason the Pictures folder only had me listed as the owner but it never listed me in the list of users that can access the Pictures folder.

Once I added my account to the list in the advanced window then it now allows me to save to the Pictures folder.

Strange that I had no issues with any of those folders on W7, but after installing W10 it botched it up on all of those system type folders. In any event it's now working as it should (at least as far as I've tested so far).

Traijan, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Pictures folder problem

1. Pictures folder problem - Similar Threads - Pictures folder problem

2. Picture folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture folders: I do a lot of photography and would like to know why my pictures no longer go into a dated file? Can you please help me solve the issue of when I upload my images from my camera they all go into the picture folder but not into an individual dated folder like they used to ....
  3. Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder: Hi. I have a new laptop which I am just setting up to my liking and I didn't want OneDrive. This may have been a mistake but I have cleaned out all the files from the cloud and uninstalled OneDrive from my computer. I have been left with a OneDrive folder in my users/name...
  4. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  5. Sharing problem for Pictures - Empty Folders

Sharing problem for Pictures - Empty Folders: Hello all, I set up Media sharing way back on my PC (Ver 1903) so I could watch movies, pictures and music on my TV. I could browse my libraries direct from my TV or I could use Bubbleupnp app on my android phone to select movie or picture and play it on my TV. No problems....
  6. Picture Folder

Picture Folder: When I upload some photos from my phone all I get is that they were uploaded but I can't view them and just says "We can't open this file." How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folder/adf8efee-979e-4790-b789-8133c95068df"
  7. Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder

Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder: The first problem is, w hen I try to open a file in This PC > Pictures, I get this error message [ATTACH] The error does not occur if I go to Owner > Pictures instead of This PC > Pictures, or if I am already in This PC > Pictures and I click on the folder again, then open...
  8. Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures folders: How can I change control of pictures folder from one drive to this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-folders/be7591b8-795e-4a35-9824-59cd3d8198a8
  9. Pictures folder problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures folder problems: Hi, So I followed these instructions: 1. Right click an affected folder. 2. Click Properties. 3. Click the Security tab 4. Click the "Advanced" button. 5. Click "Change" next to Owner. 6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK. 7....
  10. Folder properties and icon's picture problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder properties and icon's picture problem: Hi, Two days ago I woke up to this problem, my icon pictures are gone and I can't access properties when I right click anything. So, night before everything was fine, PC went to sleep mode, next morning i get up wake PC from sleep mode and the problem i mentioned was...