Windows 10: Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

Discus and support Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Zinn, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Mark Zinn Win User

Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents folderPictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder :Duplicate Documents folder PicturesChanging the path of "Pictures" folder to "C:\Users\drmar\Pictures" results in the following dialog: So essentially, my Pictures folder is no longer accessible. How do I restore the link to my pictures folder? The registry currently has these shell folder settings:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFT

:)

Mark Zinn, Sep 8, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 8, 2022
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 8, 2022
  4. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder :)

Frogger, Sep 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder - Similar Threads - Pictures Folder Redirects

2. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  3. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  4. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  6. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  7. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  8. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...
  9. documents folder appeared in pictures folder

documents folder appeared in pictures folder: a copy of the documents folder is in my pictures folder and I cant remove it. I have tried deleting it, I tried Properties>Choose the Location tab> click on restore default, and nothing I do can get it out of pictures. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  10. Error attempting to redirect Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Error attempting to redirect Documents folder: Windows 10 Home version: 19041.208 On a brand new machine, I have a 1TB SSD with System and Games partitions, and a 4TB HDD for storage. On my previous Win 7 system, I had a 64GB System SSD and it was ample once I created Junction Links to redirect my large Program Files...