Windows 10: pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not...

Discus and support pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Pictures from my Samsung A22 go directly to the onedrive photos app on my Windows 10 PC where they can be viewed but not accessed from File Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jamessmylie, Jan 26, 2023.

1. pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not...

Pictures from my Samsung A22 go directly to the onedrive photos app on my Windows 10 PC where they can be viewed but not accessed from File Explorer. File explorer only shows a Onedrive personal file with pre 2019 photos. When consulting with someone who ask me for a photo I cannot proceed as file manager cannot find the Onedrive photo app where picture Is stored. I get round this by opening Onedrive photos app and then by screenshotting the relevant picture then I use File Explorer to gain access to the Photo. This can't be right can anyone help.RegardsJames

:)

jamessmylie, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

New Samsung Galaxy A22 and Galaxy A22 5G smartphones

Source:

Brink, Jan 26, 2023
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Mala_S Win User

pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not...

Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I understand that the Pictures folder re-adds in the Photos App settings to be synced with OneDrive and I appreciate all the research and troubleshooting that you have done.

As you have tried removing the Pictures folder from the Photos App, we can try removing the folder from the OneDrive settings.

To do this, follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.

2. In the activity center, select More > Settings.

3. Select the Account tab, and select Choose folders.

4. In the Sync your OneDrive files to this PC dialog box, uncheck any folders you don't want to sync to your computer and select OK.

For reference, you can check choose which OneDrive folders to sync to your computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to check with the OneDrive support article -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...m/5bdb57e1-e86c-440b-b766-23ecc2baa2d0?auth=1

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not...

1. pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not... - Similar Threads - pictures Samsung A22

2. pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures from my Samsung A22 go into the Onedrive photos app where they can be seen but not...: Pictures from my Samsung A22 go directly to the onedrive photos app on my Windows 10 PC where they can be viewed but not accessed from File Explorer. File explorer only shows a Onedrive personal file with pre 2019 photos. When consulting with someone who ask me for a photo I...
  3. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  4. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  5. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows Photos missing pictures from Onedrive

Windows Photos missing pictures from Onedrive: Hi!I've configured the Pictures folder from my Onedrive to "Always keep on this device" on my computer, them I have all my photos always available.But, if I turn off the option "Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive" the Windows Photos App is missing pictures, and I don't...
  7. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  8. Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures

Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures: The Photos app has an archive of photos from the past and present. When I open the photo app, I see photos from 2007 to present 2020 and can't download them. I sign in to my Microsoft OneDrive account and don't see the photos. Three questions: How can I download the...
  9. Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures: There is already a good post about it but it is locked and the solution doesn't satisfy me. Problem: Everytime OneDrive is starting up it adds the user folder "My Pictures" to the Location in the Photos app. The above solution was to uninstall the photos app via a...
  10. Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...: Hey, so I just imported a bunch of pictures onto my computer through the Windows 10 Photos app and when I go into the Pictures folder, all of those new photos are located there. So there's no problem with the newly imported photos. Where the issue is, is with a bunch of...