Windows 10: Pictures have disappeared in File Manager

Discus and support Pictures have disappeared in File Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was sorting my pictures in File Manager under "Libraries", "Pictures", "Folder" occasion or event Folder by Month. It was working great. Now all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChareenKayser, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Pictures have disappeared in File Manager

I was sorting my pictures in File Manager under "Libraries", "Pictures", "Folder" occasion or event Folder by Month. It was working great. Now all of sudden after the last update, pictures have disappeared in File Manger. When I go to each Folder that had many months with pictures in each month, now I may only see one or two pictures or nothing comes up under that folder. If I stop arranging by month, they seem to come back.

All of my pictures are on the computer as I can find them up the Camera Program that I installed on my computer to crop or adjust the picture. I can also find them under each folder in "This PC", "Pictures" Folder event or occasion, but they are not sorted by month.

Is there anyway to get it back to working under the Libraries Application? It was really a great feature!

:)

ChareenKayser, Nov 19, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Fred22 Win User

Pictures have disappeared in File Manager

Picture folders mysteriously disappearing

I'm having a problem with folders in my picture files. I have one called "Art" which disappeared and I couuldn't find it anywhere. I tried file explorer to no avail. I replaced the Arts folder with an identical folder from my desktop and then suddenly a folder call "Home and Garden" disappeared. Any suggestions re how to locate these missing folders?

Fred22, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Pictures have disappeared in File Manager

1. Pictures have disappeared in File Manager - Similar Threads - Pictures disappeared File

2. Game files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game files have disappeared: After being invited by Microsoft to back up my computer to the cloud I have found that all my Sims 2 game files have disappeared. All I appear to be left with is the default game. How can I recover my files?...
  3. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  4. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  5. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Icons on pictures have disappeared

Icons on pictures have disappeared: When I view my folders, the pictures have disappeared. How do I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-pictures-have-disappeared/659eaf3b-ec22-4339-bfec-fac88c2311db
  7. Picture images for photos in file disappeared

Picture images for photos in file disappeared: After the last Windows 10 Update all my photo images disappeared from my photo files. Now there are just image codes. How do I get the photo images back for those files?...
  8. Disappearing pictures

Disappearing pictures: I have just read the posts from September 2015, and find it incredible that this problem still persists in May 2019, but persists it does, it has just happened to me. I am more fortunate as I trust no one, no not I, so I only delete images from camera and iPhone that I...
  9. Documents and pictures have disappeared

Documents and pictures have disappeared: I have an HP Pavilion laptop. The last update on 22 Dec 2018 says "Windows 10, version 1803." All of my documents and pictures have disappeared! What has happened and where do I find them?? Luckily I backed up to an external drive in November so most of my stuff should be...
  10. Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library: Hi all. I was experiencing an issue with my windows desktop where an account was acting funny while logging in. (This is not the issue I'm asking for help with.) After looking at a few fixes I gave up on the issue and decided to create a new user account and simply...