Windows 10: Pictures I open on Microsoft Photos are discolored

Discus and support Pictures I open on Microsoft Photos are discolored in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. In the past whenever I open a picture with the Windows Photo App that picture would look normal like this.But now when I open a picture the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by giantoctopus69, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Pictures I open on Microsoft Photos are discolored

Hi. In the past whenever I open a picture with the Windows Photo App that picture would look normal like this.But now when I open a picture the image has a dark/yellowish tint to it like this.Does anyone know why this is happening? When I try to edit the picture it looks normal. When I open the picture with Paint it looks fine. Its just that every time I click on one of my pictures which is opened by Microsoft photos App by default I get that strange discoloration.

:)

giantoctopus69, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't open pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when trying to open Pictures on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the default application that is set to open pictures?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

It could be possible that the application set to open pictures is not working properly. If Photos app is set as the default application to open
    pictures, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Microsoft Photos

Hi Catherine,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried opening some of the pictures to a different computer?
    • Is there any error message when you open a picture?
    • Is it only happening with photos?

We also suggest that you reset Photos application by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings or Gear icon.
    • Go to System.
    • Click Apps & features then click Photos.
    • Select Advanced options then Reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Pictures I open on Microsoft Photos are discolored

Stop Microsoft Photos from opening downloaded photos

Hi JamesAderman,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you referring to the pictures in Windows photos app??

If yes, you can proceed with the following steps.

You can exclude the pictures showing in the Downloads folder from the Microsoft Photos app, by following the below steps.

1. Launch the Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the ellipse icon >
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, click on
      X mark next to Downloads folder.
    Microsoft Photos app will not display the downloaded pictures.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Pictures I open on Microsoft Photos are discolored

1. Pictures I open on Microsoft Photos are discolored - Similar Threads - Pictures open Microsoft

2. i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software: Through Microsoft Photos, when I want to open a picture, the application crashesWhen I want to display a picture by double-clicking from Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Photos is starting but the picture is not displayed : only a black screen is displayed.I use Windows 11...
  3. i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot open a picture with Microsoft Photos software: Through Microsoft Photos, when I want to open a picture, the application crashesWhen I want to display a picture by double-clicking from Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Photos is starting but the picture is not displayed : only a black screen is displayed.I use Windows 11...
  4. I can't open Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Microsoft Photos: it doesn't open when I click it and whenever I try opening a photo I get an error The app didn't start I tried to reinstall but still not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-photos/8cc8829a-1419-43ca-8e32-adbfb6232c64
  5. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  6. Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures

Microsoft Photo App suddenly won't open pictures: Hello,For some unknown reason the Photo App doesn't open when I try to open a picture. It doesn't matter if it's a .JPG or a.PNG or other type of picture it only opens a white screen like the picture below.I've already tried to uninstall and install it on the Microsoft Store,...
  7. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Photo App will not open a picture: I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try to open another one, the app hangs. Need to know how to resolve....
  8. Microsoft Photos Themes Picture

Microsoft Photos Themes Picture: I want to recreate a Microsoft Photos theme in Powerpoint. Where can I find the images which have been used in the Microsoft Photos themes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-themes-picture/28dbfbb9-c651-4a41-99cd-08d44bf3a15b
  9. Microsoft Photo Picture It 10

Microsoft Photo Picture It 10: Hello All, I have see a Discussion on this webside : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/microsoft-digital-image-suite-10/bbffcb24-2c75-426f-8a8d-bad015e19b44?page=2 and this webside :...
  10. can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera

can't open pictures with OEM microsoft photo app and cant open camera: everytime i click on the camera i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Camera." everytime i try opening a picture i get this message "Check the Windows Store for more info about Basic Photo Viewer." once i close that error message i get another...