Windows 10: Pictures in File Explorer

Discus and support Pictures in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to see little thumbnail images of the pictures in my folders. But now all I get is a whole lot of little squares with two mountains and a moon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Char M, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Char M Win User

Pictures in File Explorer

I used to see little thumbnail images of the pictures in my folders. But now all I get is a whole lot of little squares with two mountains and a moon.

How do I get the little thumbnails back?

:)

Char M, Feb 21, 2021

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Pictures in File Explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Pictures in File Explorer

How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Pictures in File Explorer

1. Pictures in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Pictures File Explorer

2. FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES: Hi everyone!I am new to Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 365 and I have a question:In my File Explorer is there a way that I can have ONLY icons showing in my Documents file, and ONLY photos showing in my Pictures file?Mark...
  3. pictures and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  4. pictures and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  5. Display of Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display of Pictures in File Explorer: I have noticed sometimes that when I open the Pictures folder in File Explorer, not all of my pictures will be shown when I am in the large thumbnail view. Instead, many of them have the Microsoft Photos icon instead. This apparently is happening whenever I open a Pictures...
  6. Display of Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display of Pictures in File Explorer: I have noticed sometimes that when I open the Pictures folder in File Explorer, not all of my pictures will be shown when I am in the large thumbnail view. Instead, many of them have the Microsoft Photos icon instead. This apparently is happening whenever I open a Pictures...
  7. Display of Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Icons to Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons to Pictures in File Explorer: In Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 and in File Explorer I would like to see the actual pictures and not just the icons when I open a folder that has either some form of jpeg or video. Ive tried to look through the Tutorials and cannot seem to find the correct one to fix...
  9. File Explorer Pictures

File Explorer Pictures: I have a problem opening picture files in File Explorer. I am running the latest update to Windows 10. I cannot open a picture file from File Explorer. The pictures not just an icon in the various folders show up in the Explorer screen, but when I double click to open, I get...
  10. Pictures in File Explorer

Pictures in File Explorer: I used to say pictures from facebook by right clicking and clicking save as and save them in a file on my computer. In File explorer it would show the pictures and I could add them to order. Now I just get a symbal and the number but not a picture. How can I have it so I...