Windows 10: Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Discus and support Pictures in Pictures folder will not open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RhondaKlimt, May 22, 2019.

1. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Pictures will not open in any app or program. I get error messages that I do not have permission to open these files. I have already checked and re-checked the permissions. I am the administrator on my computer. I've run the various diagnostics from the command prompt. I'm out of ideas. These are photos from my phone that used to open just fine.

The Pictures folder opens fine but the images will not. I do not have problems downloading pictures and opening them. It is only these pictures from my phone that used to open that are the problem.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a new Dell with 32 GB RAM.

Attached is the error message I get using the Photos app. I get a similar message if I try to use Paint or a different program to open my photos.

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open 8626204b-520f-42e7-8646-3bdc03a7e20b?upload=true.png

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

RhondaKlimt, May 22, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, May 22, 2019
  4. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

I can get only single pictures using picture gallery slideshow

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to copy all the pictures in libraries picture folder.

• Open files explorer and click on the Picture folder.
    • Now copy all your favorite picture to the picture folder.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

1. Pictures in Pictures folder will not open - Similar Threads - Pictures Pictures folder

2. Picture Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folders: I'm having a problem with my picture folders. I used to be able to open a folder or sub folder and the thumbnails of other pictures in that folder would display along the bottom. It no longer does that. So now I'm unable to perform comparison or do collages. Any thoughts as...
  3. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  4. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  5. Picture folders missing in Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  6. Picture folders missing in Pictures

Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  7. Pictures in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  8. Picture Folder

Picture Folder: When I upload some photos from my phone all I get is that they were uploaded but I can't view them and just says "We can't open this file." How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folder/adf8efee-979e-4790-b789-8133c95068df"
  9. Pictures folder

Pictures folder: Somehow my "Pictures" folder has renamed itself to "Favorites". When I look at properties though it still shows "pictures". I cannot rename it either. Wondering how & why this happened??? I am using Windows 10...
  10. Saving pictures to a picture folder

Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....