Windows 10: pictures keep getting deleted

Discus and support pictures keep getting deleted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop seems to delete any new files and downloads every time i turn it off. Firefox gets removed from the task bar and i have to keep having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dan Creary, Oct 23, 2020.

1. pictures keep getting deleted

My laptop seems to delete any new files and downloads every time i turn it off. Firefox gets removed from the task bar and i have to keep having to redo my add ons, and more annoyingly, my pictures keep getting deleted, like, they cant be recovered, and even when i edit them, the last modified date is from early september, and its now late october. I want to say this started after a recent update, anyone know why this keeps happening and how I can stop it?

:)

Dan Creary, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 23, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. pictures keep getting deleted

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

pictures keep getting deleted

1. pictures keep getting deleted - Similar Threads - pictures keep getting

2. deleted pictures location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted pictures location: Where are deleted pictures kept if they are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-pictures-location/9396d3d2-85d3-49ce-b178-6bb7862dd6b0
  3. File keeps getting deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File keeps getting deleted: Hello. One file that i'm trying to download keeps getting deleted. I download it, then after a few seconds it says "file not found". I think it is due to Windows Defender thinking it is a virus but I am sure that it's not. I already tried to add my downloads folder to...
  4. Download Keeps getting "removed/deleted"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Keeps getting "removed/deleted": New computer Win 10 pro can't download this link https://download.mql5.com/ Tried several times Turned off firewall, blockers, apps restrictions, turned on NET & WCF etc!!! Still not able to download. Error message states "this file might have been removed or deleted"...
  5. My apps keep getting deleted.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My apps keep getting deleted.: Whenever I download some specific apps they get deleted. Recently, I got an autoclicker and tinytask and they both got deleted at the same time. Only had each for less than a day. It really is annoying because I need to redownload it and restoring doesn't work....
  6. Windows 10 delete pictures keep coming back

Windows 10 delete pictures keep coming back: When I delete pictures they come back to the My Pictures folder. I would appriciate it if people would start answering my questions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-delete-pictures-keep-coming-back/93609d61-2c86-43cc-a5c5-e0d73697a04e"
  7. Pictures deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures deleted: So I was trying to find some old pictures I saved but when I opened the Pictures folder all of them were gone. I never deleted them and no other files have been deleted as far as I can tell.I'm not sure how long it's been since they were deleted so. I've tried going into...
  8. My files keeping getting deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My files keeping getting deleted: Hello, Please my files, folders (or anything that can be deleted) gets deleted any time I try to open it by double-clicking or even when I try to copy and paste it somewhere else (whether external hard drive, flash, etc) or even in another location within the hard drive. It...
  9. Delete Account Picture

Delete Account Picture: GO TO THE FOIL FOLLOWING LINK AND PERFORM THE STEPS: https://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-User-Account-Picture-in-Windows-10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-account-picture/5c134a06-9c59-4f02-a1ad-cf0ce9f22828"
  10. Deleting Background Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Background Pictures: Hi, I have a picture in my background that I want to remove. If I go browse - it's not there, If I select the picture in "choose your picture" - it's there How do I remove it totally?...