Windows 10: Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10

Discus and support Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently moved to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I'm now copying all of my pictures from an old device to another. I've noticed, that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PollyRo, Apr 13, 2021.

1. PollyRo Win User

Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10

Hi,

I have recently moved to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I'm now copying all of my pictures from an old device to another. I've noticed, that a lot of the pictures I've moved have been automatically rotated to their original wrong rotation even though I have done a lot of work while rotating them on my old computer. I was using Microsoft Office Picture Manager there on Windows 7 and I'm now using the Photos App on Windows 10. It would be terrible to rotate all of these pictures yet again. What could be the problem of Windows 10 reverting to the old rotation? What other app I could use instead of the Photos App which perhaps wouldn't change the previous rotation?

:)

PollyRo, Apr 13, 2021
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10 [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 13, 2021
  3. rotate a picture

in the Windows 10 pictures file, the picture is correct but when I upload it into a document, it is sideways. How do I rotate it?

Carol_2592, Apr 13, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pictures lost correct

2. Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop rotating backgrounds not working correctly: My rotating desktop backgrounds using my own photos quits and displays a plain green background until I select the next background. Why is it automatically stopping and moving to a generic background?...
  3. Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

Pictures lost when moving (PC)?: Hey, since I want to reset my phone, because of the performance, I want to backup all pictures etc. of course. I have cut out 2 folders with pictures from my phone & inserted them on my hard disk. Now I only have the two folders, but there is nothing in them. & there is...
  4. Windows 10 Surface pro3 lost windows rotation function AND the rotation button in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Surface pro3 lost windows rotation function AND the rotation button in...: WP10 V.1909 Build 18363.720. After the machine updated I lost windows rotation and the rotation button in the notifications panel. Your anticipated cooperation is greatly appreciated. FYI: This machine is a warranty replacement x2....
  5. rotating a picture in paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rotating a picture in paint: How can I rotate a picture over some degrees (e.g. 4%) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotating-a-picture-in-paint/fff95469-2350-4e8d-9c27-e978d8e3dda3
  6. rotating pictures using shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rotating pictures using shortcuts: google gets me this: Rotate images using keyboard shortcuts And if you prefer to use keyboard shortcuts to rotate pictures, after selecting picture files that you want to rotate, press Alt key, press JP, press RL to rotate left and press RR to rotate right. --------------...
  7. lost pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost pictures: I was uploading pictures on craigslist and they just fanished. where can I look for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-pictures/96a83818-b754-45bb-afd8-fce9701d7699"
  8. Files lost after moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files lost after moving: i got a new computer and while moving files from the old computer, all the files were lost. Just empty folders and the files are on neither computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...
  9. theme pictures rotation/how to

theme pictures rotation/how to: How do I get the theme pictures on desktop to rotate auomatically?? windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-pictures-rotationhow-to/d6e973f2-cecf-4d66-8865-2fdc06d73762
  10. rotate picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    rotate picture: When the computer comes on, the picture is sideways & cropped. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotate-picture/d436d707-c478-419e-af48-9c23bcf807ab