Windows 10: Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

Discus and support Pictures lost when moving (PC)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, since I want to reset my phone, because of the performance, I want to backup all pictures etc. of course. I have cut out 2 folders with pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anonym2buch, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

Hey, since I want to reset my phone, because of the performance, I want to backup all pictures etc. of course.

I have cut out 2 folders with pictures from my phone & inserted them on my hard disk. Now I only have the two folders, but there is nothing in them. & there is nothing on my mobile phone either. So the two folders were moved, but without content.

First the moving was supposed to take a long time, then it happened very fast, & when I open the moved folders, there is nothing in them.

Are the pictures jz gone forever?

I hope you can help me.

Love, Efecan

:)

Anonym2buch, Jun 22, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. LOST PICTURES

Hi Wendy,

There is a possibility that the photos were moved to a different location or folder. This usually occurs if there has been a recent change made or updates installed on your PC. To help us provide a solution, please answer the following:

• Have you recently updated your PC or changed any settings? If yes, please follow the steps in this support page article for the suggested solutions:
      Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Regardless if you've made any changes or not, we would still encourage you to try the solutions in the article. Once you're done, hit us back and let us know the result.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Pictures lost when moving (PC)?

1. Pictures lost when moving (PC)? - Similar Threads - Pictures lost moving

2. Moving Pictures from pc to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Pictures from pc to laptop: My friend has a computer with the tower and it has Vista on it which is no longer supported. Something happened to it and it is not possible to put a USB cable, a cd disc or a memory stick in it. It has pictures on it which are not in the cloud and he can't email them out....
  3. Moving Pictures from pc to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Pictures from pc to laptop: My friend has a computer with the tower and it has Vista on it which is no longer supported. Something happened to it and it is not possible to put a USB cable, a cd disc or a memory stick in it. It has pictures on it which are not in the cloud and he can't email them out....
  4. Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost': My SSD drive is full. So I tried to take a shortcut and move the entire picture folder to a different drive. It worked, or seemed too, but I noticed the SSD card didn't free up any space. I have determined that some of my folders where I kept my photographs are GONE. They are...
  5. Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost'

Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost': My SSD drive is full. So I tried to take a shortcut and move the entire picture folder to a different drive. It worked, or seemed too, but I noticed the SSD card didn't free up any space. I have determined that some of my folders where I kept my photographs are GONE. They are...
  6. Picture folder move error, a couple large folders 'lost'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10

Pictures lost correct rotation after moving to Windows 10: Hi, I have recently moved to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I'm now copying all of my pictures from an old device to another. I've noticed, that a lot of the pictures I've moved have been automatically rotated to their original wrong rotation even though I have done a lot...
  8. Moving pictures

Moving pictures: I want to move pictures from the photos app to pictures. Can this be done? If so, how? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures/8c5f91cd-469e-4b36-81ea-bbadf53727cf
  9. Lost hidden folders when moving from phone to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost hidden folders when moving from phone to PC: Hi there. I moved some Folders from my phone to my PC (windows 10) to save some space. The moved folders contained other hidden folders. When I searched for them once everything was moved to my PC, I couldn't find them (even when i make hidden files visible). Are these hidden...
  10. lost pictures

lost pictures: I was uploading pictures on craigslist and they just fanished. where can I look for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-pictures/96a83818-b754-45bb-afd8-fce9701d7699"