Windows 10: Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders

Discus and support Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I download pictures from my iPhone into MS Photos on my Windows 10 PC. These have always downloaded via Photos into dated sub-folders within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterCROXZ, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders

Hi,

I download pictures from my iPhone into MS Photos on my Windows 10 PC. These have always downloaded via Photos into dated sub-folders within the Pictures folder in File Explorer. Now, they don't. They download direct to the Pictures folder as individual items. See this screen print - scroll down to see the latest ones:

Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders 2cb12f55-a17e-4293-830f-c062c73cc435?upload=true.png

Can anyone advise how to get the dated sub-folders back? The iphone software has not been updated recently.

Thanks, Peter

:)

PeterCROXZ, Jan 10, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. sub folders

Hi Paulette,

You can move the sub-folder by dragging the sub-folder from the other Picture Folder up to the main Picture Folder. However, the sub-folder will remain as a sub-folder.

If you want to make the sub-folder as a stand alone folder, we suggest that you create a new folder on your desired location, then move over the files from the sub-folder to the new folder that you created.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders

Windows 10 picture sub-folders gone

I keep all of my pictures in several sub files. After I upgraded to windows 10 my initial set of sub folders are in the my pictures folder but all of the sub folders beyond that are gone. The pictures will only display by date. How do I get them to display
    by folder again.

JohnShoemaker, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders

1. Pictures no longer loading into dated sub-folders - Similar Threads - Pictures longer loading

2. Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pictures library not organizing pictures into folders by date: HOw do we undo the latest windows update to fix problems with pictures library? Pictures uploaded from camera always went into pictures library in folders by date taken. Now they just all go in individually---no folders--disaster when you're looking for picturees by...
  3. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  4. Sorting folders and the sub folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sorting folders and the sub folders: Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it...
  5. Screensaver does not find the pictures in the sub-folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver does not find the pictures in the sub-folder: I've been having problems with the screensaver on my computer which is running on Windows 10 the latest update was installed last week and the problem seemed to appear after that update. The screensaver does not find any picture in the sub-folder that I specified. A message...
  6. Sort parent folders based on sub folder date modified order

Sort parent folders based on sub folder date modified order: When selecting Onedrive local storage to sort by date modified, it seems Windows take in to consideration only the immediate layer. 0th layer I guess. how to trigger parent folder modified date when the modification happens higher levels where layer is greater than 0....
  7. Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder

Changing the dates of sub folders within a folder: Hi How can I customize the dates of folders so I can sort them by those dates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-dates-of-sub-folders-within-a-folder/c5d8f607-ae28-4e89-85fb-1c16cf837cc0"
  8. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...
  9. dates on Picture Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dates on Picture Folder: When I upload photos to "Pictures" sometimes the folder date come up as 2216. This is annoying, how do you fix it?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dates-on-picture-folder/2a90e0e2-a509-49d4-90f1-e1bb45ac0b41
  10. How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?: I have a lot of pictures of my granddaughter taken by my camera, my daughter’s camera & phone, and my son-in-law’s phone at the same place and time. For example, we were all at Disney World at the same time. I would like to add the “Camera model” to all Details views to...