Windows 10: Pictures not recognised by window 10

Discus and support Pictures not recognised by window 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On windows 7 + 8 I had my 4 star and 5 star rated photo's as my background picture on a constant slideshow. I have tried setting this up using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AJC00k, Jul 28, 2015.

1. AJC00k Win User

Pictures not recognised by window 10

On windows 7 + 8 I had my 4 star and 5 star rated photo's as my background picture on a constant slideshow. I have tried setting this up using the normal Right click/personalise then select background as slideshow.

The problem is when I select my pictures folder none of my photos are recognised and windows 10 assumes the folder is empty.

I have tried using the default photo viewer and this recognises all the photos in my OneDrive account OK but it only recognises 1 out of the 13,000 or so photo's stored on my computer and refuses to automatically add any more photos to my collection.

My photos are stored in This PC/Pictures as I assume this is where windows will be looking for pictures. When I manually go to any of these folders using the file explorer I can see and open the pictures fine (the default photo viewer has no problems if I select multiple pictures and slide through all of them). However, as soon as I close the picture it does not stay in my collection leaving just that one obscure photo from the summer of 2009 it decided to pick up on.

I want to know how to get windows 10 to recognise my photo's so I can have them set up as my background on a slideshow as before. I am not too fussed about using the default photo viewer app I thought it worth mentioning those issues as well.

:)

AJC00k, Jul 28, 2015

2. Importing photos from iPhone to Windows 10

I have the same problem - Windows 10 is not recognising my iPhone 6 - how do I get it to recognise to enable me to import the pictures.

Syke Clone, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Camera problems

Windows 10 recognise's my camera's but say's there are no pictures to upload when there claerly there to be up loaded can anyone help please .

paulwalker58, Jul 28, 2015
  4. AJC00k Win User

Update: I have managed to get one specific folders worth of photo's working as a background. This isn't good enough as I have my pictures organised across hundreds of different folders. If I select higher level folders it doesn't work (i.e. choosing 2015 rather than 2015/February)

I need to have 4 star and 5 star photos as I have been organising these photo's like this for over 5 years primarily so I can have these photo's set as my background. I will be seriously annoyed if this is no for nothing.

NB: after 4-5 restarts my photo collection is now showing more than the one photo in my collection, it might be syncing everything but can't say for sure as it is still in progress.

AJC00k, Jul 28, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    New OS sometimes means new software as well. There are alternative photo viewers out there that might even do a better job.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pictures not recognised by window 10 - Similar Threads - Pictures recognised window

2. USB device not recognised in WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised in WINDOWS 10: Hi,I am getting error as "USB device not recognised" in WINDOWS 10 and dont see any device is actually connected. I am getting popup for every alternate second with USB device not recognised message.Could you please help for the fix.RegardsSrinivas...
  3. USB not recognised - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB not recognised - Windows 10: I keep getting this error message today: [ATTACH] The USB that I'd connected via an extension hub was a standard one and I've used it many times before without any problems. It's a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB, formatted to FAT32 using Quick Format. What's causing the...
  4. USB not recognised Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not recognised Windows 10: Hello, I am ExetreemPlayz. I have a issue when I plug in a usb device Phone, tablet etc There is a error saying “Usb not recognised” Can anyone please help? My pc: Acer Aspire TC-865...
  5. PC wont recognise phone or download pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wont recognise phone or download pictures: My wondows 10 recognised my old phone and would download photos no problem. I got a different phone a couple of years ago and it wont recognise it. I am trying to download an email on my phone as I cant even find that one on the PC yahoo site! Yahoo on my pc is showing only...
  6. Windows 10: Audio devices not recognised.

Windows 10: Audio devices not recognised.: Problem: Multiple audio devices are not recognised despite being available in device manager. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Things I have already tried: Disabling re-enabling the devices. Uninstalling the device. Msconfig selective startup. Safe mode. Re-install device drivers...
  7. Headset not recognised in windows 10

Headset not recognised in windows 10: Hi, i recently got a pair of cooler master mh751 headphones. Audio is just fine, however the mic is not working. Under sounds (in both playback and recording) the headset nor the microphone for the headset is detected. It only shows realtek audio and nothing else (even when...
  8. USB Not recognised Windows 10

USB Not recognised Windows 10: USB not recognised in windows 10 - makes the sound like USB is picked up but does not display in file explorer. Tried to uninstall all usb devices in device manager - did not work. Any other ideas?...
  9. Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10

Elantech touchpad not recognised by Windows 10: I am having trouble on an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W This is what I have done so far: Installed newest Elan drivers from Acer. Installed all drivers for unknown devices none of which being my touchpad. I tried to enable my touchpad in mouse settings only to find nothing...
  10. Windows 10 recognised as Vista ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 recognised as Vista ?: I just realized that certain programs recognize it as Vista. For example, I had to manually install all the drivers on my laptop because Lenovo System Update recognized it as Vista, and installing Vista drivers on 10 was not possible. Now Tomb Raider doesn't start, and if I...