Windows 10: Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App

Discus and support Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, The pictures that I sort into Albums in the default Photos app regularly delete themselves out of the albums. The images are still in the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Melissa____, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App

Hello,

The pictures that I sort into Albums in the default Photos app regularly delete themselves out of the albums.

The images are still in the app in general, but now nearly all of my albums are empty. I have 38 albums and only 3 have any pictures in them anymore.

This seemed to happen slowly over time - in the past I noticed one or two were empty and just re-added my images. But now multiple albums at once have cleared out.

Is there a setting I'm missing or something? I have not made any updates recently.

Thank you

:)

Melissa____, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Pictures disappearing from Windows Photo Album

Hi,

It seems the photos could've disappeared because of a corruption in the application. To address this issue, we suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter to scan and fix for any issues within the Photos app. To run the troubleshooter, refer to this

link

You may also try creating a new user profile to see if this is just an issue within the current user profile. Check the links below on how to create a user account.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App

Photos app windows 10 albums

Hi Katie,

The other system pictures to be displayed, added or removed in an album, you need to add the folder path in the
    Photos app settings.

Follow the steps below to add the folder path in Photos app and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Photo app and click on
      Settings
      or the gear icon located at the left side panel of the window.

• Under Sources, click on Add a folder and select the folder from the
      File explorer window.

• Click on Album from the left side panel of the window and check if you are able to add or remove pictures to an existing album.

Write to us with the status of edit and remove options in Photo app for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App

1. Pictures Regularly Disappear from Albums in Photos App - Similar Threads - Pictures Regularly Disappear

2. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community: I'm missing photos that I installed in my photos ALBUMS. I have 192 albums and only 20 albums still have photos in them.. Why did they disappear from the Albums. These Albums took a very long time to make up and some are VERY important????Windows 10 Pro, 22H2, PC...
  3. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community: I'm missing photos that I installed in my photos ALBUMS. I have 192 albums and only 20 albums still have photos in them.. Why did they disappear from the Albums. These Albums took a very long time to make up and some are VERY important????Windows 10 Pro, 22H2, PC...
  4. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums - Microsoft Community

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums

Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums: I use Win 10 MS Photo to order my pictures that are held on my C drive. 'Collection' contains all photos 1963-present. I have created 21 'Albums' that in May contained an ordered set of photos. Today12 June 2022 9 'Albums' have 0 photos with much reduced photo numbers in the...
  6. Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums: I use Win 10 MS Photo to order my pictures that are held on my C drive. 'Collection' contains all photos 1963-present. I have created 21 'Albums' that in May contained an ordered set of photos. Today12 June 2022 9 'Albums' have 0 photos with much reduced photo numbers in the...
  7. Photos made into Albums disappear from collection

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos made into Albums disappear from collection: I use MS Photos to upload from my android camera and to sort and edit them. They are stored in OneDrive files in monthly folders. If I create an album of these, they disappear from the chronological files both in the Collection section of Photos and from the File Explorer...
  8. Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App

Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App: An entire album of photos is missing from my Microsoft photos app. My hard drive was rebooted inadvertently. I have been able to recover all other files, but now a full album of photos is missing from the app. Where can I go to retrieve the missing 385 photos?...
  9. Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures disappear from Windows Picture Albums: Hello, I imported Iphone and OnePLus pictures to my PC and safely stored them locally in 2 separated folders. I want to use a selection of those pictures to make a photo album with Windows Picture. I successfully included the folders in the windows picture tool, as they...
  10. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...