Windows 10: Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation

Discus and support Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm really getting fed up with windows 10. It always seems to think it knows what you want better than you do. I'm currently having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaybieWilz, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation

Hey guys,

I'm really getting fed up with windows 10. It always seems to think it knows what you want better than you do.

I'm currently having issues with photos. Whenever I open a Picture in portrait orientation, the programme automatically turns it to landscape. If I try to change it back it either returns it to landscape or turns it upside-down.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to resolve it?

:)

JaybieWilz, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Jordy19 Win User

Automatic screen rotation - always upside down

You can re-enable this feature, go trough the next steps.

• Go to the Desktop App.
    • Right Click (using the mouse, or touching and holding until the Square appears).
    • Click on Screen Resolution.
    • Check to see if Allow the screen to auto-rotate is checked
      -Ensure that Orientation is set to Landscape.

Source: My tablet no longer senses landscape screen orientation, with Windows 10; it always stays in portrait orientation!

Jordy19, Dec 12, 2018
  3. screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation

Display opens in landscape orientation, but changes to portrait flipped automatically

My issue: Upon firing up my laptop (windows 10), my log in screen will appear in landscape orientation, as is the norm. However, if I leave it for about 3-5 seconds, regardless of whether I put in my password or not, my screen orientation automatically flips
    to portrait flipped.

What I've tried already:

- Going into settings and flipping orientation back to landscape. This DOES flip back to landscape and it will remain this way, until I put my laptop in sleep mode, close the lid, or shutdown. When I open back up again, my screen orientation flips again.

- Going into settings and searching for a way to change a setting, if there is one. There is none that I can tell.

- Searching around the web for an answer, however, I just come up with solutions for a flipped screen with the easy fix of changing the orientation back using the control+alt+arrow keys method or settings, both of which work temporarily until I open my laptop
    again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KnightVale12, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation

1. Pictures rotating automatically to landscape with no option to change orientation - Similar Threads - Pictures rotating automatically

2. Display orientation / rotation shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display orientation / rotation shortcut?: Is there a desktop shortcut I can create or a batch file that I can place on my desktop to change the screen orientation/rotation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation-rotation-shortcut/457ced2c-05f8-4ed4-b8be-732c1f085bea
  3. Display orientation / rotation shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display orientation / rotation shortcut?: Is there a desktop shortcut I can create or a batch file that I can place on my desktop to change the screen orientation/rotation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation-rotation-shortcut/457ced2c-05f8-4ed4-b8be-732c1f085bea
  4. USB Display Adapter Locked in Landscape Orientation

USB Display Adapter Locked in Landscape Orientation: I have a Beelink SER3 AMD Ryzen 7 and use 4 monitors, 2 are plugged in directly with HDMI and 2 using a Plugable UD-3900. The two monitors plugged into the Plugable device are in portrait mode. I tried to create an AMD Eyfinity profile and whatever that did "blocked" the...
  5. As it is now 2023 and Photos is still automatically rotating portraits to landscapes, I...

As it is now 2023 and Photos is still automatically rotating portraits to landscapes, I...: Is Microsoft planning to fix the Photos app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-it-is-now-2023-and-photos-is-still/a8bc1660-d753-4465-a4f6-2b8d7952f069
  6. Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape

Use camera as mirror but in portrait orientation, not landscape: Hello. I am taking a dance class and need a mirror, which I don't have room for in my home. I have a large TV screen monitor, actually, though, and I thought I could display my computer screen on my monitor. I need a split screen so one-half can show my online class and the...
  7. Lock the Rotation in Landscape mode?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lock the Rotation in Landscape mode?: Now I want to lock my rotation in landscape mode but the button is greyed out unless it is in portrait mode. Does anybody know how to force it into Locked Landscape. I have a HP Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 [img] 172879
  8. Rotate Display Orientation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Rotate Display Orientation: Hi All, I have a Dell XPS 15 with Window 10 version 1909. I am projecting my screen to my Dell P2719H, but I cannot get the system to rotate the display when the P2719H is plugged into the HDMI port. The setting in Display Orientation setting is greyed out. I can rotate my...
  9. Rotate Display Orientation

in Windows 10 Support
    Rotate Display Orientation: Hi All, I have a Dell XPS 15 with Window 10 version 1909. I am projecting my screen to my Dell P2719H, but I cannot get the system to rotate the display when the P2719H is plugged into the HDMI port. The setting in Display Orientation setting is greyed out. I can rotate my...
  10. RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.: I have seen this question over and over again with no real answer provided. For RAW files (not jpegs) pictures taken in the portrait orientation are showing up in the landscape orientation in the windows photo viewer. In the past you could just highlight these photos,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change vertical photos from automatically rotating to landscape