Windows 10: Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order

Discus and support Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This may be a dumb question but how do i get all my pictures to be in alphabetic order again after the new update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SarahJensen1, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order

This may be a dumb question but how do i get all my pictures to be in alphabetic order again after the new update?

:)

SarahJensen1, Sep 14, 2019

2. Pictures suddenly changing order of listing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

• Are you referring to pictures in the pictures folder or the Photos App?

In case you are facing the issue on the Pictures folder, I suggest you to open the folder and right click on an empty area and select
    Sort by < Name. This will sort the pictures in alphabetical order view.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 14, 2019
  3. REVERSE alphabetical order

I have obviously hit some key by mistake and now all my files are listed in REVERSE alphabetical order. What key did I hit and how do I get back?

LynnPribus, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order

6500 Classic - contacts list not in alphabetic order

Hi,

Just bought this phone.

After entering a number of contacts, phone is not displaying them in alphabetic order, eg, a -> z

Its displaying them in the contacts list in the same order as entered into the phone.

Is there anyway to get them in alphabet order ?

Thanks

dalessandrelli, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order

1. Pictures (transfers) are not in alphabetic order - Similar Threads - Pictures transfers are

2. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  3. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  4. list folders/files in alphabet order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    list folders/files in alphabet order: in windows when listing the files in alphabet order, the order is different from listing the folders with the same names. please see the screenshot attached. can you make them unanimous? i think the order for folders makes more sense....
  5. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  6. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  7. Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start: Hi How i can disable in Menu Start Alphabetical order into last instaled programs? 171464
  8. bulgarian alphabet wron order

in Windows 10 Customization
    bulgarian alphabet wron order: I'm using windows 10, Greek edition. I've installed also the Bulgarian alphabet but the keys don't correspond to the right letters. There are a lot of common letters between the latin and the bulgarian alphabet. Shouldn't they be at the same place as in English? Is there a...
  9. REVERSE alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REVERSE alphabetical order: I have obviously hit some key by mistake and now all my files are listed in REVERSE alphabetical order. What key did I hit and how do I get back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-alphabetical-order/55287b16-0c81-4ad4-9f28-82ead3c88328"
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...