Windows 10: Pictures & Video Folders

Discus and support Pictures & Video Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me. for some reason my Picture & Video folders have the same name see below & if i try & change they adopt the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimonReek, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SimonReek Win User

Pictures & Video Folders

Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me.

for some reason my Picture & Video folders have the same name see below & if i try & change they adopt the same name, info and files, any ideas anybody.

Pictures & Video Folders f7a769e4-f728-4cac-a294-327eca9d4d72?upload=true.png

:)

SimonReek, Mar 26, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. RonV42 Win User
    This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive (D:"account"\pictures). So I have two questions:

1. How to rename these two icons to make one Pictures and the Videos?
    2. How to fix the issue where updating one with the location changes the other?

I am attaching a picture showing what I am currently seeing.

Pictures & Video Folders [​IMG]

RonV42, Mar 26, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Pictures & Video Folders

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Pictures & Video Folders [​IMG]

mrgeek, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Pictures & Video Folders

1. Pictures & Video Folders - Similar Threads - Pictures Video Folders

2. this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos: this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-is-not-showing-folders-like-pictures/718d910b-f46f-4303-b7be-66ff37e88db8
  3. this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos: this pc is not showing folders like Pictures, videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-is-not-showing-folders-like-pictures/718d910b-f46f-4303-b7be-66ff37e88db8
  4. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  5. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  6. How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove duplicate video files in Pictures and Videos folders?: I probably have thousands of duplicate video files in 2 locations (Videos and Pictures sub-folders). Is it possible to remove without installing 3rd party app? If not, which app do you recommend? submitted by /u/zacce [link] [comments]...
  7. phantom videos and pictures folder keep popping in

in Windows 10 Support
    phantom videos and pictures folder keep popping in: Actually, there are issues, again. I have removed all "user folders" from windows explorer, using appropriate 64-bit registry hacks from here:How to Remove the Folders From “This PC” on Windows 10 However, phantom "videos" and "pictures" folder keep popping in, like this:...
  8. Picture and Video folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture and Video folder: Is there a way to combine the default pictures and video folders? Or just delete one of them?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-and-video-folder/95cae7c2-16bf-4994-8a38-a09c7f32334a"
  9. Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos folder stuck inside of the Pictures folder: My Videos folder is stuck inside of my Pictures folder. I have tried to move the location using the properties tab but it keeps saying the folder is inside of the Pictures folder. I have also tried to create a new folder and name it videos and then try to move the location to...
  10. This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC, Pictures and Video Folder issue: I have recently looked at the folders in "This PC" where you have pictures, music, , documents, etc. The label for both the Video folder and Picture folder is both "Pictures". The location in properties show both linked to the physical pictures location on my drive...