Windows 10: Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to

Discus and support Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used to be able to go to my picture folder and right click a picture and choose SEND TO by email. Now a window pops up with a picture sizing option,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alicia J, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Alicia J Win User

Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to

I used to be able to go to my picture folder and right click a picture and choose SEND TO by email. Now a window pops up with a picture sizing option, and when I go thru that, it appears to be doing something, but Outlook does not open.

How do I resolve this issue?

:)

Alicia J, Dec 18, 2017

2. Cannot share or send to documents to Outlook

I am not trying to open an e-mail attachment. I am trying to attach documents or pictures from file folders to open in new e-mails in outlook by using "send to" when right clicking on the document.

KMiller8888, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Cannot share or send to documents to Outlook

exactly, the right click does not work.

open your mail, select who to send to then select what you want to send to them by the paperclip icon for documents or the photo icon for photos browse and choose the desired attachment to send and it will load into email and then send it off

seahawks65, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Alicia, *Smile

Normally after you go through the "picture size" bit and click on the "Attach" button, you should see a new email window open after a moment in Outlook with the picture attached.

The window may be hidden behind other windows, but you should see Outlook's icon on the taskbar if opened.

If you don't see it, check your drafts in Outlook to see if it may be there.

Brink, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Alicia J Win User
    Hi Brink. Thank you for your reply.

After I right click a picture and choose SEND TO , a window pops up with a choice about sizing and an option to attach.

After reading your post I checked the hidden notifications. There is an Outlook icon and if you hover the mouse over it, a message says : Another program is using Outlook. To disconnect programs and exit Outlook, click Outlook icon and then Exit now.

I hadn't noticed that before.

There are no messages in the draft folder.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I don't know of another program using Outlook when I try to send a picture.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if restarting the computer may clear whatever is using Outlook, and try again.

Brink, Dec 19, 2017
  7. Alicia J Win User
    I shutdown the computer every night. That doesn't seem to make a difference.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I suppose for now, you could manually attach the pictures into a new email draft opened from Outlook instead.

Brink, Dec 19, 2017
  9. Alicia J Win User
    Yes I have been doing that but would still like to get it fixed.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  10. Alicia J Win User
    I tried doing an Outlook repair and that did the trick. The icon opens on the taskbar and I just click on it and the picture is attached to an email.

Thanks for your help Brink.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. Thank you for posting back with your solution.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to - Similar Threads - Pictures attach Outlook

2. right click send or pin to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send or pin to start menu: Hi I have tried pretty much every tip about restoring this to the right click options. It just does not work. Even did the reg edit, new word, etc, etc Any ideas Thanks folks Frank 136311
  3. Outlook 2016 Not Sending Attachments After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016 Not Sending Attachments After Update: Since the Fall Update, I can no longer send emails with attachments on Outlook 2016. I understand that the size limit for attachments is 20 mb but my emails with attachments only total 7 mb so this does not seem to be an issue. Prior to the update, I could send emails with...
  4. Attachments not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attachments not sending: Hi there Why is it that sometimes my attachments don't send to the recipients even when I've double checked that they're there before hitting send? How can I prevent this from hapenning? Kit...
  5. Unable to right click on pictures or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to right click on pictures or files: With the latest update for Windows 10 I can no longer right click on pictures or folders. When i do I receive the spinning circle that does not stop. when I click on the desktop I receive a white screen...
  6. Right click a file to send to email

in Browsers and Email
    Right click a file to send to email: When I was using WLM I could select a word document or an image by right clicking the mouse and send to various places as to an email. Now since using the windows 10 mail app,The option is still there right click and send to an email but it don't work on this new mail app....
  7. Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment: All of a sudden after an update MS Outlook 2010 has started sending out multiple copies of an email when there is an attachment. So I send an email with one or more attachments and MS Outlook sends between three and eight emails to the recipient. I have talked with MS Support...
  8. Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f: To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails. Keep on getting...
  9. Can't right-click pictures on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right-click pictures on desktop...: Hi! I can right-click any kind of file that I have stored on my desktop and get the fuill contextual menu, except for picture files. Whe I try on one of these, the focus is immediately lost. Only on some very rare occasions can I get the menu to show up. Has anyone got an...
  10. right click send to

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send to: How do I add right click send to for items not in the list. 64162