Windows 10: Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to

Discus and support Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used to be able to go to my picture folder and right click a picture and choose SEND TO by email. Now a window pops up with a picture sizing option,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alicia J, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Alicia J Win User

Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to

I used to be able to go to my picture folder and right click a picture and choose SEND TO by email. Now a window pops up with a picture sizing option, and when I go thru that, it appears to be doing something, but Outlook does not open.

How do I resolve this issue?

:)

Alicia J, Dec 18, 2017

2. Cannot share or send to documents to Outlook

I am not trying to open an e-mail attachment. I am trying to attach documents or pictures from file folders to open in new e-mails in outlook by using "send to" when right clicking on the document.

KMiller8888, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Cannot share or send to documents to Outlook

exactly, the right click does not work.

open your mail, select who to send to then select what you want to send to them by the paperclip icon for documents or the photo icon for photos browse and choose the desired attachment to send and it will load into email and then send it off

seahawks65, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Alicia, *Smile

Normally after you go through the "picture size" bit and click on the "Attach" button, you should see a new email window open after a moment in Outlook with the picture attached.

The window may be hidden behind other windows, but you should see Outlook's icon on the taskbar if opened.

If you don't see it, check your drafts in Outlook to see if it may be there.

Brink, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Alicia J Win User
    Hi Brink. Thank you for your reply.

After I right click a picture and choose SEND TO , a window pops up with a choice about sizing and an option to attach.

After reading your post I checked the hidden notifications. There is an Outlook icon and if you hover the mouse over it, a message says : Another program is using Outlook. To disconnect programs and exit Outlook, click Outlook icon and then Exit now.

I hadn't noticed that before.

There are no messages in the draft folder.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I don't know of another program using Outlook when I try to send a picture.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if restarting the computer may clear whatever is using Outlook, and try again.

Brink, Dec 19, 2017
  7. Alicia J Win User
    I shutdown the computer every night. That doesn't seem to make a difference.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I suppose for now, you could manually attach the pictures into a new email draft opened from Outlook instead.

Brink, Dec 19, 2017
  9. Alicia J Win User
    Yes I have been doing that but would still like to get it fixed.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  10. Alicia J Win User
    I tried doing an Outlook repair and that did the trick. The icon opens on the taskbar and I just click on it and the picture is attached to an email.

Thanks for your help Brink.

Alicia J, Dec 19, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. Thank you for posting back with your solution.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to - Similar Threads - Pictures attach Outlook

2. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  3. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  4. Right click send to menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click send to menu: I was looking to add into the right click send to menu to include Pictures. I had this set in Windows 10 before updating to 11 and therefore followed the same instructions which was to type in run shell:SendTo, open another explorer and take a copy of Pictures and drop in the...
  5. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  6. Win 2010 MS Outlook recipient problems getting emails with pictures attached

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 2010 MS Outlook recipient problems getting emails with pictures attached: MS Outlook Win 2010 email will not arrive at recipient's end if 1 picture is attached. Why? It's her iPhone or her laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-2010-ms-outlook-recipient-problems-getting/342aa436-207f-49ba-ad6c-db5c1faed292
  7. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  8. Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment: All of a sudden after an update MS Outlook 2010 has started sending out multiple copies of an email when there is an attachment. So I send an email with one or more attachments and MS Outlook sends between three and eight emails to the recipient. I have talked with MS Support...
  9. Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f: To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails. Keep on getting...
  10. right click send to

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send to: How do I add right click send to for items not in the list. 64162

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click picture and automatically attach to outlook