Windows 10: Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer

Discus and support Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10 Just bought a new HP Win10 laptop and for some reason File Explorer would not show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Grandma2Kayla, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer

Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10
    Just bought a new HP Win10 laptop and for some reason File Explorer would not show most of my pictures or as thumbnails. But with hundreds of files in a dozen folders trying to upload a picture to Facebook or a email was making me crazs. Double clicking each and everyone just to see what it is, is turning out to be very annoying. Why won't File Explorer display my photos. JPeg or otherwise. I FOUND it WASN'T a " Always show icons never thumbnails" option in File and folder options but it was a One Drive settings problem. There is a option Files on Demand. Automatically save space and download files on demand. Uncheck it and if you want to save loading space compress the folder.

:)

Grandma2Kayla, Mar 24, 2019
  2. JimKWD Win User

Picture Thumbnails not showing in explorer

Hi,

I have lost all my picture thumbnails When I open explorer and click on pictures can I show my sub folders I was showing a picture preview of the picture now it just shows the icon with the file name no picture preview. If I click on the picture it opens
    windows photo and display the picture

How do I restore the picture thumbnail display I am using windows 10

Thanks

JimKWD, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer

Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer on Windows 10

Just upgraded to Win10 and for some reason File Explorer will not show my pictures or files as thumbnails. My folders I have for all of my photos; when opened only show a bunch of icons and not the pictures themselves i.e. thumbnails Not even in the
    preview window. I can double click on them and the picture pops up fine. But with 738 pictures in several folders. Double clicking each and everyone just to see what it is, is turning out to be very annoying. Why won't File Explorer display my photos.
    JPeg or otherwise.

MichaelLee76, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer

1. Pictures won't show as thumbnails in File Explorer Pictures folder. I have a answer - Similar Threads - Pictures won't show

2. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  3. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  4. Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder: Hi there,So in my Pictures folder, I used to see all the images as thumbnails, as I should.Now, some images are showing as usual, then there's a bunch not showing.All I did was update Windows, sheesh, it's like living in a rocket with Microsoft, one moment you're headed in...
  5. Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails not showing Windows 11 - Pictures folder: Hi there,So in my Pictures folder, I used to see all the images as thumbnails, as I should.Now, some images are showing as usual, then there's a bunch not showing.All I did was update Windows, sheesh, it's like living in a rocket with Microsoft, one moment you're headed in...
  6. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  7. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  8. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...
  9. Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders

Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders: Hi, So I have pictures, and their thumbnails are showing just fine in regular folders, but once I put them in a OneDrive folder, the thumbnail just disappears after the picture is synced. A weird thing is not all the pictures are affected, some are spared and the thumbs...
  10. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnails wont show

2. pictures wont open in file explorer

3. windows 10 pictures wont show in thumbnails

4. why wont my pics show up on file expoler,
  5. my pictures wont display on windows 10,
  6. thumbnails wount show picture,
  7. asus windows 10 photo thumbnails dont show,
  8. why dont the photos in my file folder show,
  9. icons wont show up file explorer,
  10. pictures wont show as thumbnail,
  11. why my pictures wont show,