Windows 10: Pictures

Discus and support Pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the latest update was installed this week I can no longer see my pictures which are kept on my PC not one drive they appear now with either the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trisha, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Trisha Win User

Pictures

Since the latest update was installed this week I can no longer see my pictures which are kept on my PC not one drive they appear now with either the PDF Logo sign or the Photos Logo which means other than relying on the description given I have to open up every photo to make sure it is the one I need before I can select it! How do I rectify this?

:)

Trisha, Sep 25, 2016

2. AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consuming processor

The command is safe to use. Whether or not it fixes the issue you are having, no idea.

Sheldon Cooper, Sep 25, 2016
  3. tnauci Win User
    AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consuming processor

I am having a problem with the recent update and new fresh install of iTunes on the dell lattidue D630 running XP SP3. after the itunes update the processor was consumed anywhere from 50% to 100% by AppleMobileDeviceService.exe , uninstalled iTume and all
    apple software including quicktime and bonjour. reinstalled iTume 10.5 and same condition. have to stop process to use pc. Apple direct support had no solution although they pointed me to their forum where it was suggested to run the command from command
    promt : netsh winsock reset

I want to see if anyone else is experiencing same issue and also if that command is safe to try before I try to run it.

tnauci, Sep 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Pictures

Hello, I have no idea why your pictures - jpg? png? gif? bmp? ..... are associated with your pdf viewer.

Note that since Win 8 you have to use Windows features to set defaults- you can't, for example, open a photo viewer program and set associations from within that program.

One of many ways to do this is:

Pictures [​IMG]

- see the bottom one.

Open Settings, type default in the search box, click default app settings.

Most of the other ways:
    Default Apps - Choose in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Do take the time to glance through the tutorial section where answers to many questions may be found.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Else you could set the associations from Control Panel at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs which gives you most control.

I find the Photos app quite simple and effective for viewing images. If you set this as your default viewer then all should be fine.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Pictures

1. Pictures - Similar Threads - Pictures

2. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my pictures? Windows 10: I can't open try to open pictures some of them open, but the bulk of them show an empty folder. Can you help me?Also, the font on the menu at the top of display are so small and the titles on the tabs opened are also so small. I have trouble reading them. Is there a way to...
  3. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my pictures? Windows 10: I can't open try to open pictures some of them open, but the bulk of them show an empty folder. Can you help me?Also, the font on the menu at the top of display are so small and the titles on the tabs opened are also so small. I have trouble reading them. Is there a way to...
  4. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can i remove English from my language list see picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove English from my language list see picture: Recently, windows has been adding random keyboards language inputs and random display languages to my computer, and i can get them off except EnglishSince the microsoft website too is broken, i cant upload files directly so i have to put linksImgur link to screenshots :...
  6. How can i remove English from my language list see picture

How can i remove English from my language list see picture: Recently, windows has been adding random keyboards language inputs and random display languages to my computer, and i can get them off except EnglishSince the microsoft website too is broken, i cant upload files directly so i have to put linksImgur link to screenshots :...
  7. Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor: I love the Windows Spotlight pictures on the lock screen, but only a section of the pictures is displayed on my 32:9 aspect ratio monitor Samsung Odyssey 5120 x 1440. I'd rather see the full picture even if there are black areas left and right. Is there a fix?...
  8. Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor

Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor: I love the Windows Spotlight pictures on the lock screen, but only a section of the pictures is displayed on my 32:9 aspect ratio monitor Samsung Odyssey 5120 x 1440. I'd rather see the full picture even if there are black areas left and right. Is there a fix?...
  9. Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....: Every time I take a prt sc or snip for my school work or games, after a few hours or days, I will find out that it has been corrupted. It says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or this file is corrupted". This is also the same...
  10. Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....

Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....: Every time I take a prt sc or snip for my school work or games, after a few hours or days, I will find out that it has been corrupted. It says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or this file is corrupted". This is also the same...