Windows 10: Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

Discus and support Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DomiMi, Nov 6, 2021.

1. DomiMi Win User

Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag & drop files to the pinned Microsoft App in the taskbar anymore. Please note, it is not about pinning the Excel app to my taskbar or pinning a document as an app to the taskbar: it is about pinning a DOCUMENT to the pinned Mircosoft app. Thanks for helping me.Dom

:)

DomiMi, Nov 6, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Pin to taskbar

Hi, have a look at the solution suggested here:
    Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar

Normally you should be able to simply drag a shortcut to the taskbar and it will be pinned.

Also see this: enable and disable pinning: (Option 2 for Home)
    Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows

There's this for Edge:
    How to Pin Sites to Taskbar in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Context menu: read thru
    Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu

dalchina, Nov 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Pinning an app to taskbar does not remove it from Start all apps list. It list in Start under letter M as in Microsoft Edge, you should find it there even when it is pinned to taskbar.

Kari, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

1. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Pin document pinned

2. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  3. Taskbar not pinning APPS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not pinning APPS: Hello I'm trying to pin applications on the task bar like google chrome and steam but every time I click pin to task bar it doesn't pin it, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-pinning-apps/db37b999-97be-4215-96d0-60835a2dcb61
  4. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  5. Pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar: Hello everyone! Does anyone know why I am not eable to ping to taskbar? 173036
  6. Taskbar pinned apps moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar pinned apps moving: I just got a new computer running Win10 build 1909, and my old computer was running 1709. In 1709 my pinned apps would stay in the order they were pinned. I found this useful as I would use the keyboard shortcuts to open the first 3 pinned apps i.e: Win+1 to open Sticky...
  7. working with pinned apps in the taskbar

working with pinned apps in the taskbar: hello everyone, i want to discuss the behaviour of pinned applications in the taskbar in win 10 if the things i state are false please feel free to educate me, i will appreciate it. the current state in windows 10 is as follows; if you pin an app to the taskbar the...
  8. Pin to taskbar

Pin to taskbar: I use a microsd card like second drive on my laptop. But I cant add any exe to taskbar from any external drive. In the context menu there is just add to start option. If I move the executable in the C drive, then in the context menu appear the item add to taskbar. With...
  9. Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10): Recently something happened with my Windows 10, as I am not able to pin any PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (I still can pin the icon of the app) and can't see recent documents. Here's the result when I right-click on the icon ("Recent" and "Pinned" menus disappeared):...
  10. Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?: Wonder if this will work in 10? Configure Shortcut thusly: ==================================== Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\WINWORD.EXE" C: \Users\Pam\Documents\PHONE.DOC Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15"...