Windows 10: Pin always not working

Discus and support Pin always not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i keep having this issue where sometimes when i try to log in to my account with the pin, it says to change the password because the organization... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sasha1426, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Sasha1426 Win User

Pin always not working

i keep having this issue where sometimes when i try to log in to my account with the pin, it says to change the password because the organization doesnt allow the pin and then i am unable to use the pin. when i remove to add a new one it doesnt give me the option to add a new pin. i tried one method suggested on this site to delete ngc files or to navigate to the control panel but its still not allowing me to use the pin! please help!!!

:)

Sasha1426, Jul 29, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Jul 29, 2020
  4. JayPhi Win User

Pin always not working

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Pin always not working

1. Pin always not working - Similar Threads - Pin always working

2. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  3. Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always on Top/Pin to Top doesn't work: Wanted to pin a note to top so I can interact with it easier. No such option offered. Googled a how to do it and found this offical Guide from Microsoft: How to Pin a Window Windows Learning Center microsoft.com. It shows the Hotkey being CTRL + F11 for the activation. This...
  4. windows Pin always resetting

windows Pin always resetting: my windows 11 pin, to sign into windows on my person home computer is always asking to be reset. specifically, it says " your organization requires you to change your pin."this is a home personal computer and I'm the only one that uses it, there is no organization and i never...
  5. windows Pin always resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Pin always resetting: my windows 11 pin, to sign into windows on my person home computer is always asking to be reset. specifically, it says " your organization requires you to change your pin."this is a home personal computer and I'm the only one that uses it, there is no organization and i never...
  6. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  7. Always asking pin for login.

Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  8. PIN not working

PIN not working: When I turn on my computer, nothing pops up for me to put in my pin. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-not-working/033e1c22-6ce1-42a9-8875-328870ed38df
  9. PIN not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN not working: I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on another computer. When I get to the enter PIN it says the PIN is incorrect. I have went back to my old computer and reset the PIN and tried again with no success. How do I install the software on my new computer?...
  10. pin not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pin not working: So i am trying to login to my brother's Microsoft store so that i can download some of the games he has. The problem i am having is that when signing in, after putting in the password correctly it asks for a pin. I asked him it and he told me the pin but when i try to put...