Windows 10: pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

Discus and support pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DougHoughton1, Mar 21, 2019.

1. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work.

:)

DougHoughton1, Mar 21, 2019

2. Executing shortcuts from task bar.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if program icon is not pinned properly.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • What is the name of the Database program?
    • Is this issue specific to the program icon which you have pinned to taskbar?
    Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: First, try to unpin the program icon from the taskbar.

1. Right click on the program icon is pinned to taskbar.

2. Click on Unpin from taskbar.

Step 2: Then I suggest you to try pin the shortcut by following below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Program icons.

2. Click on Pin to taskbar.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 21, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 21, 2019
  4. WPK_1128 Win User

pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

How to pin apps or website shortcut to the task bar?

I am using window 10 on my pc and laptop. I can pin the apps or webiste shortcut with my laptop by using the menu icon (those three dots) in the upper right corner. There is a button called "pin to start" and "pin to task bar" . With my pc, I can only find
    "pin to start". How can I pin anything to the task bar with a pc?

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]

WPK_1128, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

1. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? - Similar Threads - pin icon shortcut

2. How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar: I don't know the name of a program that is pinned to the Task Bar so that I can create a desktop shortcut. The program was pinned to the Task Bar by an HP printer technician during troubleshooting a prrinter issue. Why? I want to be certain that I can locate the program if...
  3. How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar: I don't know the name of a program that is pinned to the Task Bar so that I can create a desktop shortcut. The program was pinned to the Task Bar by an HP printer technician during troubleshooting a prrinter issue. Why? I want to be certain that I can locate the program if...
  4. How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. task bar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar icons: Here are the icons on one display and:Here is the 2nd display...how do I make the icons on display 2 the larger ones with the names like display 1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/3e596665-1254-4afa-9bfd-64c831b982c4
  6. Task Bar Icons

Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  7. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  8. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  9. Task bar Icons

Task bar Icons: Why do icons in my task bar show at several different levels at bottom of screen? They all used to be in one line. How do I realign them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/7eba5fc4-cb50-4913-8a7c-0894a9ae651b
  10. pinning Yahoo mail icon to task bar?

pinning Yahoo mail icon to task bar?: How do I pin a Yahoo mail icon on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/pinning-yahoo-mail-icon-to-task-bar/7191fe7f-aed8-49d8-9088-9d0fa86e9ca0