Windows 10: PIN and a new update

Discus and support PIN and a new update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just updated my computer and it is making me use a pin to login that i haven't used in forever and forgot, i also dont have access to the email right... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ElvysQuezada, May 14, 2021.

1. PIN and a new update

I just updated my computer and it is making me use a pin to login that i haven't used in forever and forgot, i also dont have access to the email right now, and i need my computer. I remember my password but its not giving me that option anymore like before it did it. please help.

:)

ElvysQuezada, May 14, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, May 14, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, May 14, 2021
  4. Marco Gav Win User

PIN and a new update

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 14, 2021
Thema:

PIN and a new update

1. PIN and a new update - Similar Threads - PIN update

2. Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates: Hey all,I just installed my Windows 11 updates for the month of March. Unsure which update was causing me issues to login after installing them. I had to reboot my machine 3 times in order for my PIN to work.Updates Installed:2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...
  3. Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login issues using PIN after installing March Windows 11 Updates: Hey all,I just installed my Windows 11 updates for the month of March. Unsure which update was causing me issues to login after installing them. I had to reboot my machine 3 times in order for my PIN to work.Updates Installed:2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...
  4. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  5. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  6. Update BIOS caused my PIN to become invalid, unable to recover due to no code received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update BIOS caused my PIN to become invalid, unable to recover due to no code received: I just updated my motherboard's BIOS and my PIN to login to Windows 11 has became invalid, I tried to reset my PIN as told by the login screen, but when I tried to receive a verification code via text message, the SMS never arrived.I can't access...
  7. Update BIOS caused my PIN to become invalid, unable to recover due to no code received

Update BIOS caused my PIN to become invalid, unable to recover due to no code received: I just updated my motherboard's BIOS and my PIN to login to Windows 11 has became invalid, I tried to reset my PIN as told by the login screen, but when I tried to receive a verification code via text message, the SMS never arrived.I can't access...
  8. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  9. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  10. My computer is stuck on the set up pin after a update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck on the set up pin after a update: My computer is stuck on the set up pin after a update and it keeps saying I don't have internet when I do I tried everything I looked up I can't use advance options since I don't have the option they keep telling me to do please help...