Windows 10: pin and fingerprint log in

Discus and support pin and fingerprint log in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kathena, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Kathena Win User

pin and fingerprint log in

I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security settings. Then it says I can't use the pin. I have reset these things repeatedly.

Here is the message: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device."

:)

Kathena, Feb 26, 2019

2. windows 10 fingerprint log in

When I try to log in using the fingerprint windows hello, the log in fails and says that i need to set up a pin in order to use the fingerprint log in, however I have already set up a pin. The password and picture password still work fine. Any ideas? thanks

RobPowell1997, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Aspen93 Win User
    PIN and FingerPrint not working

XPS 15 user having the same problem as those above (fingerprint and PIN not working). Windows Hello was working fine, but a recent update seems to have caused an issue with PIN registration and devices that have the fingerprint scanner. My windows desktop
    has no issues logging in with the PIN, only the XPS 15 laptop.

Hopefully Microsoft can come up with a fix for this soon.

Aspen93, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Bropper Win User

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint
    is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

Bropper, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. pin and fingerprint log in - Similar Threads - pin fingerprint log

2. Logging in without using a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in without using a PIN: Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired of typing in 7 digits every time I want to log in....
  3. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN: I'm hoping there is an MS moderator on board to review this and act. I've seen this question posted by others and want to reiterate that, as an admin, I am appalled that there is no way to setup fingerprint authentication on a domain computer without also enabling PIN...
  4. Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.

Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.: I want it to stop. I want to log in as I have been without having to click past the blue screen fingerprint prompts. Every. Single. Time. I. Log. In. It's fudging annoying and I've disabled the bits other advice has said to disable and it's still happening. How do...
  5. Pin request at log on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin request at log on: How do I permanently and entirely remove the pin request that happens every time I turn on my computer now??? I have never made a pin. I just want it to go away. I am NOT interested in using this feature....
  6. Fingerprint log in issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint log in issues: I have had hard times logging into my laptop I've had for about six months now. When I put in my finger print it will either not recognize my finger at all and I have to restart my computer or enter my pin or I will be told that the password I enter is incorrect and to try...
  7. regarding fingerprint and pin set up

regarding fingerprint and pin set up: I reset my laptop before 5 days to solv some software problem. I called to the dell support and they did this and reset my laptop and now I am trying to set my pin and finger print ,I am unable to set it. what should I do, I tried a lot ....
  8. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new...
  9. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...
  10. log in ignoring pin/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in ignoring pin/password: Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss input the keys then after a few attempts it will give me the option to input a password this then does the same, If I then...