Windows 10: pin and fingerprint log in

Discus and support pin and fingerprint log in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kathena, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Kathena Win User

pin and fingerprint log in

I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security settings. Then it says I can't use the pin. I have reset these things repeatedly.

Here is the message: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device."

:)

Kathena, Feb 26, 2019

2. windows 10 fingerprint log in

When I try to log in using the fingerprint windows hello, the log in fails and says that i need to set up a pin in order to use the fingerprint log in, however I have already set up a pin. The password and picture password still work fine. Any ideas? thanks

RobPowell1997, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Aspen93 Win User
    PIN and FingerPrint not working

XPS 15 user having the same problem as those above (fingerprint and PIN not working). Windows Hello was working fine, but a recent update seems to have caused an issue with PIN registration and devices that have the fingerprint scanner. My windows desktop
    has no issues logging in with the PIN, only the XPS 15 laptop.

Hopefully Microsoft can come up with a fix for this soon.

Aspen93, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Bropper Win User

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint
    is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

Bropper, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. pin and fingerprint log in - Similar Threads - pin fingerprint log

2. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  3. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  4. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed: Hi,I have been in problems with PIN/fingerprint log-in for over 1 month. My log-in method is password, PIN and fingerprint. My fingerprint log-in works just fine previously. Sometimes it cannot identify me, which is normal, I would enter my password to unlock instead. I could...
  6. Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in by PIN/Fingerprint Failed: Hi,I have been in problems with PIN/fingerprint log-in for over 1 month. My log-in method is password, PIN and fingerprint. My fingerprint log-in works just fine previously. Sometimes it cannot identify me, which is normal, I would enter my password to unlock instead. I could...
  7. Fingerprint Log In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Log In: last update to windows caused the fingerprint setting for Log In to not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-log-in/43baeaab-4036-452f-8137-ff294ed101e1
  8. pin and fingerprint not working

pin and fingerprint not working: yesterday when i signed in to my microsoft account they asked me for a computer pin and i put one with a finger print later after i restarted it my finger print was working but my pin was not. Today my finger print and pin is not working not even the I forgot my pin link...
  9. Pin and Fingerprint not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and Fingerprint not accepted: Hello, Recently when I went to use my fingerprint to log in my computer said "something is wrong on our end" and won't let me log in. I tried my pin and I got the same response. Thankfully I was able to sign in with my password. When I tried to delete and redo my...
  10. Fingerprint log in issues

Fingerprint log in issues: I have had hard times logging into my laptop I've had for about six months now. When I put in my finger print it will either not recognize my finger at all and I have to restart my computer or enter my pin or I will be told that the password I enter is incorrect and to try...