Windows 10: pin and fingerprint not working

Discus and support pin and fingerprint not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; yesterday when i signed in to my microsoft account they asked me for a computer pin and i put one with a finger print later after i restarted it my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by poojanashaveen, Dec 18, 2020.

1. pin and fingerprint not working

yesterday when i signed in to my microsoft account they asked me for a computer pin and i put one with a finger print later after i restarted it my finger print was working but my pin was not. Today my finger print and pin is not working not even the I forgot my pin link

the computer is a windows 10

thank you

:)

poojanashaveen, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 18, 2020
  3. PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

I am having problem while signin-in my pin and my fingerprint is not working in my dell Vostro if I try to setup I cant setup them so please suggest me some measures

thank you

ArengaNathan, Dec 18, 2020
  4. pin and fingerprint not working

PIN and FingerPrint not working

This morning when I kept my finger my print sensor said it can't recognise my finger and it said to enter my pin,after that I entered my pin and it also didn't work this said error 0x80070032 so it gave an option to enter password.After entering my password
    I got inside and checked my account setting there my pin was not there and also my fingerprint.I tried to setup my fingerprint but it demands to setup pin if I try to setup pin I can't do it.So considering this issue suggest me a measure.

thanking you

ArengaNathan, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

pin and fingerprint not working

1. pin and fingerprint not working - Similar Threads - pin fingerprint working

2. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  3. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  4. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  6. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  7. Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign in fingerprint and pin not working: HiMy laptop's fingerprint reader didnt recognise my fingerprint, saying something went wrong on their end. The only other sign in option is pin, which again is not working due to an issue on their end.When trying to recover the account, the recovery email and phone are not...
  8. Login fingerprint and PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login fingerprint and PIN: My computer won't let me use my fingerprint of PIN to log in. When I hit "Forgot my PIN" I get a second screen that is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-fingerprint-and-pin/2f342603-fca3-4073-8bb5-495038c85926
  9. Pin and Fingerprint not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and Fingerprint not accepted: Hello, Recently when I went to use my fingerprint to log in my computer said "something is wrong on our end" and won't let me log in. I tried my pin and I got the same response. Thankfully I was able to sign in with my password. When I tried to delete and redo my...
  10. pin and fingerprint log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pin and fingerprint log in: I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security settings. Then it says I can't use the pin. I have reset these things repeatedly. Here is the message: "Your PIN is no...