Windows 10: PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason.

Discus and support PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a new Acer Spin 5 running Windows 10. I have had to reprogram my PIN multiple times in the first week. I try to use PIN access and get a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by berkshire12, Feb 8, 2019.

1. PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason.

I have a new Acer Spin 5 running Windows 10.

I have had to reprogram my PIN multiple times in the first week. I try to use PIN access and get a message that "security settings" have changed and I'll need to set up a PIN, but I didn't change them.

Today it is telling me it doesn't recognize my fingerprint, which I've also scanned multiple times when it didn't work. Does Microsost have some interest in me only using my Microsoft account to sign in? This is frustrating, and perhaps could also be a problem if I want to sign in when I'm not online and can't access my Microsoft account, no? Yes? Any help available with this problem?

Thank you.

:)

berkshire12, Feb 8, 2019

2. Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Hey guys.

I got a new Lenovo X1 Yoga laptop with a fingerprint scanner, but for some reason Windows Hello won't set up. It worked initially, but I've had to do a few clean installs due to other problems and now it just
    doesn't function at all.

I click on set-up fingerprint. I then enter the fingerprint, and it asks for my windows password before asking me to setup a PIN code. When I enter the PIN code and press 'OK' nothing happens at all. I also
    tried try to do it on a fresh install of windows and it just says 'there was an error creating a pin code.'

I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but can't find one. However, if I want to setup just a PIN without setting up the fingerprint it will let me. If I setup the PIN first and then go to setup fingerprint
    it wo't even show the fingerprint scanner after it asks for my PIN for confirmation.

Any suggestions or help are much appreciated! (I found that many people have this exact same problem with no solution yet)

Specs

Windows 10

i7, 8 GB RAM, etc..

Carlos A Mora, Feb 8, 2019
  3. PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hello this morning i noticed two things, first is the PIN. Its nor working and keeps showing error 0x80070032. No matter how many times i set and reset the PIN, it won't work

second is the fingerprint login prevoiusly the fingerprint function was working fine. Now it is not working.

RouleauxAndrade, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason.

PIN and FingerPrint not working

Hi,

We understand that you're having challenges with your finger print login option. You may be facing it due to various reasons. To start troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the
    finger print driverand check if the issue reoccur. Follow the steps below:

• Delete the fingerprints you've already registered.
    • Press Windows Key + R Key.
    • Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Uninstall the current driver the current diver under "Biometric devices".
    • You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason.

1. PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason. - Similar Threads - PIN fingerprint security

2. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin: Trying to setup fingerprint access. However, It keeps sending me in a loop asking for Windows Hello Pin. I type the PIN nothing happens. I used to have Windows PIN working. I needed to reset it after a MB replacement. I redownloaded all the drivers Tried SFC Re-installed...
  3. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin: Trying to setup fingerprint access. However, It keeps sending me in a loop asking for Windows Hello Pin. I type the PIN nothing happens. I used to have Windows PIN working. I needed to reset it after a MB replacement. I redownloaded all the drivers Tried SFC Re-installed...
  4. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset password with fingerprint and pin.: Basically title. I was stupid and didn’t write pay password down so know I’m screwed. Anyway I can reset password with the info in the title. submitted by /u/like-my-fith-account [link] [comments]...
  6. For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...: I have Windows 10 installed on my computer. I am a student and my college gave me access to the "eduroam" network. I can connect to it wirelessly or via LAN cable. In order to be connected via LAN cable, I had to run a program provided by our college. Ran the program,...
  7. Organisation keeps wanting me to reset pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Organisation keeps wanting me to reset pin: I used my moms laptop during the quarantine period with my uni account, and after that i removed it. However it keeps harassing my not so tech savvy mom into reseting the pin even though she doesn’t want to use it, its like my account still has control, even though i signed...
  8. It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint: I recently got a new laptop with Windows ten. It had fingerprint scanner so I didnt bother marking a pin or pasword. But today my finger were sweaty and when I tried it didnt work. So I tried a couple more time and it didnt let me in. So now it its asking me for a pin but...
  9. It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint

in Windows 10 Support
    It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint: I recently got a new laptop with Windows ten. It had fingerprint scanner so I didnt bother marking a pin or pasword. But today my finger were sweaty and when I tried it didnt work. So I tried a couple more time and it didnt let me in. So now it its asking me for a pin but...
  10. Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows keeps asking me to change my PIN: I am running Windows 10 Home 1909 and a few months ago windows started acting up and asking for a new pin every other month. I went through a few threads, and all pointed to using thegroup policy editor - which I don't have in a home edition. Is there a way to change the pin...