Windows 10: Pin and fingerprint to unlock my PC impossible to configurate

Discus and support Pin and fingerprint to unlock my PC impossible to configurate in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have problems configurating my PIN and fingerprint to unlock my laptop. I enter the Windows Hello configuration but when I try to set a PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nathaliede la Torre, May 14, 2020.

1. Pin and fingerprint to unlock my PC impossible to configurate

Hello,

I have problems configurating my PIN and fingerprint to unlock my laptop. I enter the Windows Hello configuration but when I try to set a PIN or to scan my fingerprint, the computer says: "There is a problem, try later"

Can anybody help me?

:)

Nathaliede la Torre, May 14, 2020

2. Configuration option for fingerprint signon missing

I'm a step further:

The installed driver for the fingerprint reader has to be deleted from device manager. Windows 10 then install a "Synaptics" driver for the fingerprint reader.

In a second step, a PIN has to be specified in the account options. After that, the fingerprint option misteriously appears and it's possible to record the fingerprint.

BUT: I absolutely can't understand why a PIN is required for fingerprint logon. Now, I can logon to my domain joined Windows 10 client with just a 4 digit PIN, despite we have complex password requirements configured in the domain policies.

I tried to setup two factor authentication with PIN and fingerprint, but haven't found a way. There is absolutely no description how to implement 2 factor authentication in Windows 10. Seems to be Vaporware..

Franz

FranzSchenk, May 14, 2020
  3. Fingerprint reader can not be configured do to crash when adding a PIN

Hi,

My Windows 10 laptop fingerprint reader stopped working, meaning that I couldn't sign in anymore using my fingerprint. It worked normally until then.

I tried to go in Settings -> Accounts
    -> Sign-in options and tried to remove the current Fingerprint by pressing
    Remove button. It worked. And after that I tried to add a new one by pressing
    Set up button and at the first step, I scanned my finger on the fingerprint reader until it memorized that, and the next step, would be to enter a new PIN. When I type the new PIN in the textbox, exactly when I type the 4-th digit,
    the window containing the textbox for the new PIN disappears and then nothing happens, meaning that the Fingerprint and PIN are not setup. Currently I'm not able to use the Fingerprint sign in option anymore.

Also I tried to add a PIN wothout adding a Fingerprint by pressing
    Add
    button under PIN section, and again the window contaning the textbox for the new PIN closed as soon as I enterted the 4-th digit. So the problem seems to be related to the process of adding a new PIN. I mention that now in the
    Sign-in options section I don't have a Fingerprint or a PIN setup right now.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

AdrianCiucanel, May 14, 2020
  4. Pin and fingerprint to unlock my PC impossible to configurate

Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.

Hi. Carol

My name is Ben

Independent Advisor

I hope to help.

To be able to use the fingerprint reader, you must first configure it to recognize the fingerprint and confirm your identity.

Through these steps, I will show you how to use the fingerprint reader:

1. Click on the Start Menu with the Windows symbol and choose Settings.

2. Select Accounts and then choose Login Options.

3. Create a PIN code.

4. In the Windows Hello section, select Configure to configure the fingerprint reader.

5. Select Start to begin the fingerprint configuration.

6. Enter your PIN to confirm your identity.

7. When the Windows Hello Settings window appears, follow the instructions on the screen. Press and hold your finger on the fingerprint sensor and then lift it up. Repeat this process until the fingerprint configuration is complete.

8. You can now login or unlock your device by placing your finger on the fingerprint reader. You can select Add another to add another fingerprint to unlock the computer.

Note: If the laptop has multiple accounts, you can set up the access separately and automatically switch between the accounts.

I hope to be helpful.

MilagrosM2020, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Pin and fingerprint to unlock my PC impossible to configurate

1. Pin and fingerprint to unlock my PC impossible to configurate - Similar Threads - Pin fingerprint unlock

2. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  3. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  4. unable to set a pin and fingerprint protection on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to set a pin and fingerprint protection on my pc: hello, I am unable to set my biometric lock and pin on my HP EliteBook 8460p. I will be very glad if you assist me in doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-set-a-pin-and-fingerprint-protection-on/2ea636b1-b290-4533-9041-53c28d78305c
  5. unable to set a pin and fingerprint protection on my pc

unable to set a pin and fingerprint protection on my pc: hello, I am unable to set my biometric lock and pin on my HP EliteBook 8460p. I will be very glad if you assist me in doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-set-a-pin-and-fingerprint-protection-on/2ea636b1-b290-4533-9041-53c28d78305c
  6. Pin and Unlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...
  7. Pin and Unlocking

Pin and Unlocking: So, I recently got a new laptop, and I thought the pin feature was very useful. However, when I got onto it the other day, it restarted every time I turned it on and asked for my password. When I try to turn the pin back on, Settings says "This option is currently...
  8. Fingerprint unlock issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint unlock issues: Split from this thread. Fingerprint unlock issues Each time the lock screen appears a glitch occurs where I cannot use my fingerprint to unlock on the lenovo think pad T480s laptop. I have to incorrectly enter a pin number first, and then I am able to select the...
  9. Fingerprint unlock stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint unlock stopped working: I bought a new laptop with fingerprint sensor and it worked for about a week using the fingerprint unlock. Now it has stopped working and says my device isn't compatible???? How can I get it working again. I have been into settings and it says the device isn't compatible...
  10. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password: I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it. What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or...