Windows 10: PIN and Password nor working

Discus and support PIN and Password nor working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently reset my pin. I have been getting the following error message: "Something happened and your pin isn't available. Choose another sign-in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SandsN, Mar 15, 2020.

1. SandsN Win User

PIN and Password nor working

I recently reset my pin. I have been getting the following error message:

"Something happened and your pin isn't available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options."

I tried using my password and it's not working anymore.

I tried resetting the password, but, even the answers to the security questions I had set are not working.

Please help as I am locked out of my computer.

Thanks

:)

SandsN, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Mar 15, 2020
  4. PIN and Password nor working

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

PIN and Password nor working

1. PIN and Password nor working - Similar Threads - PIN Password nor

2. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  3. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  4. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pin not found and password not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not found and password not working: I turn on my pc and somehow it said something wrong pin not found. Have try many ways and the best method is hold shift and restart but when it's all done I have to login to my windows account with my password that somehow wrong even though it was correct in here. I also have...
  6. PIN not available, password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not available, password not working: My home computer, Lenovo ThinkPad Microsoft windows 10 - it will not allow me access. At its home page states: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. When I attempt to click on Set up my PIN - I'm unable/nothing occursWhen I attempt...
  7. No password pin don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No password pin don't work: Hello please help . I installed the latest update it was bsod or something. On my HP pavilion 15 gaming laptop. Everytime I turn on my PC and try to sign it It says pin is no longer avalible due to change of security settings in this device. I press setup my pin and it said...
  8. My pin nor my password are working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pin nor my password are working.: I’ve seen a lot of posts on here about this issue, but not one has helped me. My pin shows up as unavailable and my password doesnt work even though its correct. All of the troubleshooting options ask me for the password and still it shows up as incorrect even though its...
  9. My pin nor my password are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pin nor my password are working.: I’ve seen a lot of posts on here about this issue, but not one has helped me. My pin shows up as unavailable and my password doesnt work even though its correct. All of the troubleshooting options ask me for the password and still it shows up as incorrect even though its...
  10. My pin nor my password are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps