Windows 10: PIN and picture password grey out

Discus and support PIN and picture password grey out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After I installed windows 10 ISO, I thought everything was well. But in 'Settings' ->'Accounts'->'Sign-in options'. 1) PIN and picture password went... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Anu priyaBalasubramanian, Jan 31, 2019.

1. PIN and picture password grey out

After I installed windows 10 ISO, I thought everything was well. But in 'Settings' ->'Accounts'->'Sign-in options'.

1) PIN and picture password went grey out.

PIN and picture password grey out [​IMG]

And I followed this link( https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-pin-sign-disabled-domain-users-windows)

it doesn't work.

PIN and picture password grey out c6f5eb57-cf08-44f0-89b9-b1a46ad9a4a5?upload=true.jpg

Turn on PIN sign-in is not shown in 'Administrative Templates'-> 'Log-on'

Please leave your reply if you know how to solve this problem.

:)

Anu priyaBalasubramanian, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 31, 2019
  4. PIN and picture password grey out

Setup PIN password on Windows 10

Hello Bob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your requirement in this regard.

Currently we don't have an option to access the Microsoft account without a password. However you can access it either through Microsoft account password or PIN password or Picture password. Suggest you to try again setting up the PIN password by following
    the below steps.

* Press Windows key, type Settings
    into the search space and select the same from the list.

* Click on Accounts and select
    Sign-in options

* Go to
    PIN section, click Add. Confirm your Microsoft account password when it prompt.

* Then setup desired PIN password as required. But ensure to click Eye symbol
    (I.e. Reveal Password) to ensure that the entered PIN is correct and matches.

Alternatively you can also setup Picture password. On the same
    Sign-in options window, you can find an option to set Picture password.
    With a picture password, you can sign in to your PC with your favorite photo instead of a hard-to-remember password. You choose the picture, which gestures—circles, straight lines, or taps—you use, and where on the picture you trace them. You
    can draw a picture password directly on a touchscreen with your finger, or you can use a mouse to draw your shapes. Everyone who has a Microsoft account on your PC can set up their own picture password.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

PIN and picture password grey out

1. PIN and picture password grey out - Similar Threads - PIN picture password

2. change my pin is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change my pin is greyed out: i want to change my and its greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-pin-is-greyed-out/32d8fc5c-c5ef-4b8d-a627-3c795a41b80b
  3. change my pin is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change my pin is greyed out: i want to change my and its greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-pin-is-greyed-out/32d8fc5c-c5ef-4b8d-a627-3c795a41b80b
  4. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  5. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  6. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Save greyed out on pictures

Save greyed out on pictures: I save a lot of pictures from Twitter. I download them and then edit them before they go on my Pinterest page. I've been doing it for years. Today, when I edit the pictures the "save" is greyed out and only "save as" is available. If I drag the picture to my desktop it...
  8. thumbnails in pictures are greyed out

thumbnails in pictures are greyed out: when I tried to open "pictures" from either my "This PC" or from OneDrive results in an endless loop of downloading; I eventually stopped the process but now my thumbnails are greyed out...
  9. PIN Logon Greyed Out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN Logon Greyed Out: Hello, I was wondering if any one of you can help me. I have a laptop with Windows Home edition. I clicked the "remove pin" in the sign in options because at that time I thought I don't want it. Now I want this option however the "add" pin is now disabled. I tried to look...
  10. Password selection greyed out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password selection greyed out: Everytime for the last day that I have turned on my netbook (Toshiba kirabook) the password box would be greyed out, not letting me click on it and type in my password. The shut down and switch user buttons are also greyed out as well. I've had windows 10 downloaded now for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve grey out pin and pic password